X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows How to install Win11 in VirtualBox to run SF and other Win11 apps

There are a few die hard Win7 users here (I am among that number) so to run software designed for later versions of Windows I have a Win11 virtual machine set up specifically for that reason. The only two caveats is hardware depended software (e.g. Line 6 Helix or Focusrite Solo) are not supported and drive mappings must be done via the command line due to the NAT scheme VirtualBox uses. I have a Win11 micro PC set up for situations where direct hardware connection is necessary.

I've been using VirtualBox for years and years. It and the Extension pack are free and runs smoothly on Win7.

Essentially I'm running Win11 as an app instead of an OS and I don't have to trash half my paid for software to shut the "Win7 is dead! upgrade to 10/11!" crowd up . It is fairly easy to set up. I've put together a walk-through listing the steps. Setting up VirtualBox is relatively quick and easy, it's installing Winbloat 11 that takes so damn long.

Last edited by NewMelle; 06-16-2024, 12:58 AM.
    Win11 Pro 22H2, no bloatware, no spyware, no crapware, no TPM, no Secure Boot, no MS account. And yes, you can dual boot 7 and 11.
Working...
X