Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Audio stream default flag

Apologies if that has been asked already, but I couldn't find it:
    Is there a way to not have the default flag with audio streams set?
    I usually download content in my own and the original language.
    Unfortunately it seems that the original language is flagged default.
    As a result almost any player plays the original audio and I have to manually set it to my own ... which is quite annoying with series.

Originally posted by MaPfo View Post
    As a result almost any player plays the original audio and I have to manually set it to my own ... which is quite annoying with series.
    click settings - preferred settings - under "VIP-preferred settings" - pre select audio language - change it to your preferred language.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

click settings - preferred settings - under "VIP-preferred settings" - pre select audio language - change it to your preferred language.
      Unfortunately that did not work:
      On Netflix "Boruto" there's my language and japanese available.
      I just set set the setting you mentioned to my language, but in the resulting file japanese is flagged as default stream -> wrong audio is played

Comment

I dl Boruto - Naruto Next Generations.s01e01
        and select German [deu] and Original [jpn]

I can't see any default marker - MPC-HC + vlc play it in German

Click image for larger version  Name:	Boruto.jpg Views:	1 Size:	76.6 KB ID:	447001

Could it be that it is sorted alphabetically?

btw: pre select audio language change only the default selection​ for dl
        Last edited by Germania; 07-27-2024, 08:22 PM.

Comment

VLC does not show that flag, MediaInfo does
          Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	144
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	447006
          Did you by chance set a preferred audio language in VLC? Mine's still has all settings to default:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	128
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	447007
          If I put my language there, then correct audio is played ... but that does not help with Plex or other players

Comment

No prefered audio language in my vlc

and for me (aac in mp4) both languages are set to default

Click image for larger version  Name:	Boruto_default.jpg Views:	1 Size:	75.1 KB ID:	447009

Comment

Unfortunately that did not work:
              On Netflix "Boruto" there's my language and japanese available.
              I just set set the setting you mentioned to my language, but in the resulting file japanese is flagged as default stream -> wrong audio is played
              go back into settings - preferred settings - there's a setting under netflix for "pre select original audio language"
              perhaps try unchecking that option and see what happens.

Comment

Because you have Audio forced flag - i'm sure you have mkv

Try to change the Default: MkvDefaultTrackChanger

But it looks like Plex is ignore this (I don't use Plex) ..
                .. so set your Language in your Account
                under Audio & Subtitle Settings - here

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

go back into settings - preferred settings - there's a setting under netflix for "pre select original audio language"
                  perhaps try unchecking that option and see what happens.
                  That actually changed something, thanks ... now my language is flagged default
                  So there is no setting to remove any default flags?
                  I usually have my players decide which language to play

Comment

Never mind, I fiddled with the settings and found a way so that my post-processing tool can remove all the unnecessary flags

Comment

Click to the left of the audio track to make it the default audio track. An orange triangle will appear to show that this is the default track.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	146.6 KB ID:	447038

This also works for subtitles.

I would strongly suggest you use Kodi to play your videos. You can tell it to always use the default track original track or a specific language

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	975.0 KB ID:	447039
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	20.2 KB ID:	447040
                      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

Click to the left of the audio track to make it the default audio track. An orange triangle will appear to show that this is the default track.

This also works for subtitles.
                        Wow that's well hidden...thanks
                        Must have clicked that by accident eventually.
                        Unfortunately with no triangles set, all language streams seem to have the default flag.

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                        I would strongly suggest you use Kodi to play your videos. You can tell it to always use the default track original track or a specific language
                        As I mentioned, usually my players decide what language is played: on an english system english is played ... on a system set to my language that one is played
                        Default flags would mess that up
                        Plus: there is no Kodi app for my smart TV

Again, don't worry about it, I post-process all videos, that fixes things

Comment

Working...
                        X