Takes Forever To Get Ready /// Loading Task Queue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab for Windows Takes Forever To Get Ready /// Loading Task Queue

Any way to get a more efficient Task Queue status?
    When I first start the program it must be a good minute before I can click anything, because it seems to have to load my empty task queue. Clearing downloads already done helps make it faster, but it still takes forever.
    The program seems to have to do this step every time I download something as well.
    And this is with the program using an SSD as the download drive.

I'm not trying to be funny or anything, but it may be time for a new computer. I'm not seeing anything like you describe. When I click on the StreamFab icon, the program appears almost instantaneously. Maybe because I don't have a Task Queue? My days of downloading 6 or 7 seasons of an old TV show or several old TV shows are behind me. I've pretty much downloaded all the old shows and movies that I might have wanted already. I'm not a person that downloads everything that appears on a streamer site just to say I have it, never with the thought to actually watch it. Right now, I get one episode of a show from Monday through Friday for my wife and on the weekends I download two episodes of a different show for me. I might download a movie once a month. Last year, during the regular TV season (Sept. through May) I'd download quite a few shows (one episode a week) but I'm not sure whether I'll do that this year. I may skip spending the money on streamers and just get everything via torrenting.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGrackle View Post
      When I first start the program it must be a good minute before I can click anything,
      because it seems to have to load my empty task queue.
      This is only what is displayed ..
      .. or have you seen the messages:

Check system, check MAC, check Authorize, check settings,
      check free space, detect last Downloads, start Youtube DL service​

Comment

I don't see SF take much time loading, either.
        I found I have to remove items from the Downloaded tab. If SF gets a large amount of items there, I had SF slowdown and even crash.
        You can also, inside of SF, clear out something's at the home screen as shown in the screenshot 1 below.
        Another thought, maybe check your Internet as well as it has to contact SF servers to check the registration status.
        One last thing in the settings, I decided to keep this setting in screenshot 2 UN-checked

SS1:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	-uEecHBpRHi4VkxmvyOQ5w.png
Views:	103
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	448783

SS2:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	gm9JC0qPTkGCwp0peJgByA.png
Views:	60
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	448784