Skyshowtine doesn't download subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SkyShowtime Skyshowtine doesn't download subtitles

Skyshowtine doesn't download subtitles on Das Boot season 3 an Temple all seasons.
    I attach the log file​
    Attached Files

Hi,
    I struggled with that earlier as well.

I beleive SF has som issue with the Subtitle and some "Join" subtitle function.

If Episode subtitle only consist of one file:

Like the Episode only having one of those "split" files in the working directory:
    tt_12345678.subtitles.5.split.0.webvtt

As soon as there are several ones in the working directory, it is never an problem:
    Like:
    tt_12345678.subtitles.5.split.0.webvtt
    tt_12345678.subtitles.5.split.1.webvtt​
    tt_12345678.subtitles.5.split.2.webvtt

For now I copy the single one and convert it myself to .srt. but has to be done before download is ending as everything is deleted after the download.
    Last edited by Prinsen; 09-02-2024, 01:40 PM.

Comment

First I thought it's the classic "Remux Into File" problem ..
      (same error message like here)
      .. but "Extract to srt" also don't work with Temple.s01e01 from SkyShowtime in ROmania
      and "Extract Orginal Format" also failed. So I can only confirm the bug.

Like prinsen said, SF downloaded the subs correctly - but remux fails and then subs away​

Comment

No one has mentioned whether they are outputting the videos as .mp4 or .mkv. If .mkv, you could try updating mkvmerge.exe from version 68 (used by SF) to the latest, version 86. Mkvmerge.exe is part of MKVtoolnix, found at https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html#windows. If .mp4, you could try updating mp4box.exe to the latest version. I recommend using the nightly build. Mp4box.exe is part of GPAC which can be found at https://gpac.io/downloads/gpac-nightly-builds/.
        I don't guarantee it will fix the problem as I don't subscribe to SkyShowtime, but at least you'll be using the latest version with the latest bug fixes and most security. For some reason, SF likes to stick with old versions that are, in some cases, years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          No one has mentioned whether they are outputting the videos as .mp4 or .mkv ...
          What do you think about me?
          Of course, I've tested with updated ffmpeg, mp4box and mkvmerge
          and mp4 (my default) as well as mkv (ffmpeg + mkvtoolnix) ..
          .. never seen subs after finished
          (also no change with update for linked nf subs remux into file error - here)​

Pepe78

Temple subs pt-PT => here

Sorry, but "Das Boot" s03 is currently not offered at SkyShowtime RO

In Browser Dev Tools - Network you can filter: webvtt
          and can see/open/dl the subs (after selecting your subs language)

Click image for larger version  Name:	SkyShowtime_subs.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.1 KB ID:	449618

-= click pic to enlarge =-

or after downloading episode in SF you can search in StreamFab.log for: webvtt
          and find the dl url for the subs - example Das Boot.s03e01 from your log - here

Comment

Originally posted by Germania View Post
            What do you think about me?
            Of course, I've tested with updated ffmpeg, mp4box and mkvmerge
            and mp4 (my default) as well as mkv (ffmpeg + mkvtoolnix) ..
            .. never seen subs after finished
            (also no change with update for linked nf subs remux into file error - here)​
            The key word that I wrote was "mentioned". Meaning that someone said in the thread that the output file format would be either MP4 or MKV. Taking it another step further, you never mentioned in the thread that you tested with updated programs. There's no way I would have known that you did if I didn't mention the procedure. One thing I learned a long time ago on this forum is to never assume anybody is going to do anything. Even when you take the time to give step-by-step directions, it's a pretty good bet that they'll skip over one or two of those steps. It's like pulling teeth to get some people to even do a reboot after an installation.

Comment

Germania​ thanks you for the subs.

Comment

Wilson any news on this subtitle problem​

Comment

Working...
                X