Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone using RTX 3080 GPU for UniFab AI Enhancer video upscaling acceleration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone using RTX 3080 GPU for UniFab AI Enhancer video upscaling acceleration?

I used UniFab AI Enhancer to upscale video (49m TV series episode) from 720p to 1080p (and enhance audio if applicable). The GPU was RTX 4080 16GB. It didn't accelerate the upscaling at all, even though I had CUDA enabled in UniFab. The GPU bar didn't budge. The CPU is a 13th gen INTEL. It showed about 2% use, which also isn't very much.
    The UniFab page lists RTX 4080 as a supported NVIDIA graphics card.
    I sought forum advice and Mona said Developer advice was the software doesn't handle the RTX 4080 very well.
    So what GPU does UniFab handle well? Does anyone use UniFab AI Enhance to upscale video with an RTX 3080 10GB GPU? Does it accelerate the upscaling?
    Any other NVIDIA GPU suggestions?
    My upscaling took 30 hours. How long are others experiencing for similar enhancing/upscaling?
    I may consider parking the RTX 4080 for the moment and getting something like an RTX 3080, which is also listed as being supported, but I'd like to know it works well with UniFab first.

I have a 3080Ti and it took 46 hours. Way too long, I would rather just upconvert. I only do 720p to 1080p.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
      I have a 3080Ti and it took 46 hours. Way too long, I would rather just upconvert. I only do 720p to 1080p.
      Thanks for you reply, but what do you mean by "just upconvert"? How is that different from upscaling the video in UniFab? What software would you use to "just upconvert"?
      I agree with you about taking 46 hours being way too long. It's even worse if you want to upscale a bunch of videos/movies.
      When you used UniFab, did you notice what the GPU bar was doing, ie did you see a coloured bar and what kind of % did it show (roughly, on average)?
      Cheers, John

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
        Another thought about the 3080 Ti. UniFab includes RTX 3080 in its supported NVIDIA graphics cards, but doesn't list 3080 Ti. For some others, they have included Ti. Don't know how much that difference matters. However, we know some cards/GPUs don't really help. I have no idea what does. I don't know how to find out except to ask around.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, I tried setting UniFab AI to video only instead of auto (video + audio as much as UniFab decides it can enhance) and it didn't seem to speed up enhancement. Video is obviously MUCH bigger and more demanding than audio.

Comment

Originally posted by John down under View Post

Another thought about the 3080 Ti. UniFab includes RTX 3080 in its supported NVIDIA graphics cards, but doesn't list 3080 Ti. For some others, they have included Ti. Don't know how much that difference matters. However, we know some cards/GPUs don't really help. I have no idea what does. I don't know how to find out except to ask around.

Oh yeah, and before I forget, I tried setting UniFab AI to video only instead of auto (video + audio as much as UniFab decides it can enhance) and it didn't seem to speed up enhancement. Video is obviously MUCH bigger and more demanding than audio.
          how much VRAM does your graphics card have ?? the recommended specs calls for Nvidia RTX series or above with 6GB or more of VRAM - https://www.dvdfab.cn/unifab.htm

you might also try what is posted in post 2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-28-using-auto
          Last edited by october262; 03-31-2023, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

how much VRAM does your graphics card have ?? the recommended specs calls for Nvidia RTX series or above with 6GB or more of VRAM - https://www.dvdfab.cn/unifab.htm

you might also try what is posted in post 2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-28-using-auto
            In my post at the top, I said my card was RTX 4080 16GB (ie NVIDIA). Isn't that the VRAM size?
            This topic is about the 4080 not helping with UniFab video enhancement (upscaling) acceleration and the software developed saying the 4080 doesn't work (even though it's on the supported list).
            I therefore asked whether anyone had used an RTX 3080 with any success?
            You said you used an RTX 3080 Ti.

As for your link to post 2, Mona advised audio only means copy video + audio upmix. She had also suggested to me to try audio only, although hadn't said that means copy video + audio upmix. I didn't try it because I thought that meant UniFab wouldn't upscale video from 720p to 1080p. Perhaps I assumed incorrectly. I'll try audio only and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by John down under View Post

In my post at the top, I said my card was RTX 4080 16GB (ie NVIDIA). Isn't that the VRAM size?
              This topic is about the 4080 not helping with UniFab video enhancement (upscaling) acceleration and the software developed saying the 4080 doesn't work (even though it's on the supported list).
              I therefore asked whether anyone had used an RTX 3080 with any success?
              You said you used an RTX 3080 Ti.

As for your link to post 2, Mona advised audio only means copy video + audio upmix. She had also suggested to me to try audio only, although hadn't said that means copy video + audio upmix. I didn't try it because I thought that meant UniFab wouldn't upscale video from 720p to 1080p. Perhaps I assumed incorrectly. I'll try audio only and see what happens.
              Oops, october262! I said you told me you used an RTX 3080 Ti. That was Chameleon. The rest of my reply to you still stands.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

I tried Audio only, as Mona suggested and you linked. It didn't try to upscale, so it's not useful for me.

Comment

Working...
                X