Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Apply to All" button doesn't do anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Apply to All" button doesn't do anything?

I've been requesting a feature for a while now that would allow me to set up settings for a single video and then propagate those settings to all others before clicking start (TV season for example). I was excited to see an "Apply to All" button today in v1.0.3.0, but clicking it only modifies the settings for the video I have open. Is this a bug or do I misunderstand what this button is supposed to do?

Hi, adowEm

The “Apply to all” feature currently has some issues, and we will continue to work on resolving them.
    Additionally, regarding the two questions you raised last time: 1. To have the converted audio and video bitrate match the source, and 2. Audio quality being reduced when converting to HDR. We have resolved all issues except for matching the video bitrate with the source. During the conversion process, the video will be re-encoded, so some increase in bitrate is necessary to maintain the quality. I understand that you are concerned about the converted bitrate being too high, and I have also noticed this, which is planned for an upcoming update.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_3 View Post
      Hi, adowEm

The “Apply to all” feature currently has some issues, and we will continue to work on resolving them.
      Additionally, regarding the two questions you raised last time: 1. To have the converted audio and video bitrate match the source, and 2. Audio quality being reduced when converting to HDR. We have resolved all issues except for matching the video bitrate with the source. During the conversion process, the video will be re-encoded, so some increase in bitrate is necessary to maintain the quality. I understand that you are concerned about the converted bitrate being too high, and I have also noticed this, which is planned for an upcoming update.
      Hello,
      Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear that's being worked on. I'll be very excited when it's working. When I open a Blu-Ray in UniFab 1.0.3.0 with an audio track that's 4303 kbps there's still no "same as source" selection and the audio maxes out at 640 kbps. I'm also pretty sure this converts the audio stream instead of just remuxing it into the new video stream. So to me neither issue 1 nor 2 are addressed. And I understand the need for a re-encode on the video front and I think going for a slightly higher bitrate than the source makes sense so I'm looking forward to the update to see how that's implemented. Thanks for all the efforts to improve this tool!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	142
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	429319

Comment

Working...
      X