Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Converter Trim, Crop and Edit Tools Are Completely Screwed Up - THEY DO NOT WORK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converter Trim, Crop and Edit Tools Are Completely Screwed Up - THEY DO NOT WORK

I reported these problems in several new threads way back on 10/14/23 when UniFab 2.0.0.0 first came our, but obviously NOBODY at this company cared to even look at the problems, much less bothered to respond to my posts. New we are two months on and up to 2.0.0.6, and all those problems are STILL THERE.

(Just a note here - all these tests were done with the Software A/V Codec, so we cannot even blame the problems on your constant issues with using the AMD hardware GPU.)

The first problem is that most of the time when I select any of those tools, the video display is so screwed up that it cannot be used at all - no way to even see what you are looking at. And this changes with every different file type I test.

Here is one example that I was able to find that really illustrates the issue (this test was done with a .mpg file for input):
    In this screen snip, I have just clicked on the Crop tool and NOTHING ELSE. What is shown is the very first screen that is displayed. Here, the source window looks normal, but you can see in he Output Preview that it is displaying only a massively expanded little snip of the original video from the very upper left corner! If it wasn't for that little character with the two antenna in that spot, there would be no way at all to tell what was playing. With this file, every single time I try to use one of these tools, the display is screwed up like this.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	129.6 KB ID:	434354

Here is another test of the same thing, only using an mkv file from Ripper. With .mkv files, the display is screwed up like this about half the time I test it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	138.9 KB ID:	434356

Here is an example using a .ts file for input - this file was actually CREATED by the Converter, so if there is a problem with the file, YOU caused that too! TS files do not even play in the Trim, Crop or Effect tools.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	434357

When choosing the Trim feature, the problem is even worse, since you do not get two different video preview screens - just one, and it is usually blown up even MORE than what we see with the Crop screens above.

The displays in the Effect feature seem to be the same as we see with Crop.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mauser; 12-18-2023, 05:50 PM.
Working...
X