Unifab Updater will not uninstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unifab Updater will not uninstall

I am having an issue with the Unifab Updater. (Windows 10) Despite having the most current version, two very large update windows pop up every time I start my computer, and frequently thereafter. Suspecting a program issue, I tried to uninstall it, to re-install an un-corrupted version. Much to my surprise, Unifab did not show up in "Programs and Features" so I could uninstall it. To make a long story short, It also would not uninstall by right clicking Unifab in the start menu, nor was the uninstall listed under Unifab in the start menu. Frustrated, I tried Revo Uninstaller, but Unifab didn't show up there either! I then, put in a "Trouble Ticket" with the fab team, and it was recommended that I look in the Windows "Programs(86) folder to find the Uninstall file. WOO HOO! there it was! After running the "Uninstall" file and deleting the left in folder manually, I rebooted the computer, and was greeted with (you guessed it) Unifab Updater Windows. I have looked for a separate directory for the "Updater", and done a general search for Unifab to no avail. I cannot/will not reinstall Unifab until this issue is resolved. Does anyone have any idea how to completely get rid of Unifab and it's updater? I especially don't want to weed through the registry file deleting lines manually. Obviously, even if I do this, there must be some left in files somewhere that need deleting.
    Yes, I plan to reinstall Unifab, but not if it will not show up in the Windows Uninstaller or Revo Uninstaller, whereupon I will just have to go through the same frustration to uninstall it if I have another issue. It rather upsets me that Unifab did a "Dirty Uninstall" leaving files and registry entries that are causing issues. These are not benign left in's. Any help I can get would be appreciated. -Thanks (Smee)
Working...
X