This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can ONLY download in 1080, and results are scrambled

I have been trying to download "Species" from Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IhA...has_verified=1

It forces a 1080 download, even after I went and set the format to 480 (which is the largest available for this video). Once it starts, I can't find ANY way to remove it from the list, unless I allow it to work its way through downloading the entire thing, which takes hours and hours and hours. I finally resigned myself to letting it download the thing in 1080 and then converting it to 480 after it was done, but when it finishes, the results are a total mess. i can view the MGM lion roaring at the start, and then the screen changes to vertical lines of random colors that are constantly changing.

FWIW, I tried twice -- both times I got the same result. It said I had already downloaded this in 1080, did I really want to download it in 480. I said yes and it proceeded to download it in 1080 again!

I much prefer the older version, which lets me pull down a list of formats and select the one I want. Unfortunately, for videos like this, which require a confirmation that it's OK for me to watch it since it contains scenes unsuitable for some people, I can find no way to get the older version to work (it pops up a window asking for the confirmation, and then won't let me do anything else -- when I close that window, the main program closes!)

After you set 480p on the settings window, please remove the URL from Video Downloader window and restart it to past the URL to try again.

Comment

Working...
    X