Failure to include Subtitles when downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure to include Subtitles when downloading

Was finally able to login to CrunchyRoll.com with out pasting my password.

After which I tried to watch some videos but could not get them to load. Usually when I do it in my web browser, I get the same problem a lot of times but I'm able to sole it by hitting the "X" at the end of the address bar to stop it from trying to access what ever was preventing the video from loading, then the video loads just fine after that. But here with the DVDFab Downloader, there is no such feature in the downloader.

I did download a video from CrunchyRoll.com and seeing as I was logged into CrunchyRoll.com it used my settings from the site. But the downloader failed to include the subtitles for the video.

If one is going to be downloading videos, they should be able to have the subtitles included for videos which are not of their native speaking language.

Thank you for the feedback, it's been passed to the product manager.

Comment

Thank You Mona

Comment

updated to the new 1.0.0.2 version the day it came out and found I was unable to download anything.

Tried fully uninstalling and removing all files with the exception of the logs, then reinstalled using a fresh copy and I still can't download.

One thing that does surprise me when looking at the log file is the constant mention of "YouTubeDL" and in the documents folder under DVDFab Downloader, there is a folder called "YouTube" with some .jpgs of videos I've tried to download.

From what I understand of CrunchyRoll.com they use the CloudFlare net for their videos. Not sure if that's where they are stored or if they are stored elsewhere.

In the log, the one video (The Helpful Fox Senko-san Episode 1) I managed to download successfully (using 1.0.0.1) is listed and you'll see a big difference from all my other attempts since upgrading to 1.0.0.2

But at the same time, even though the video was successful, there was no sub-title cause there is currently no was to access the HTML-5.0 sub-title settings with the DVDFab Downloader. To do that, you would either need to allow the crunchyroll HTML 5.0 player to show in the explorer window or come up with your own that can take the place of the crunchyroll player.
        Attached Files

Comment

Tried 1.0.0.3 today doing a clean install.

1 - Still Unable to playback any videos on the Crunchyroll website while using the Explorer window.
          2 - When downloading a video, there is no actual signs that it's downloading until the video finishes downloading.
          3 - Still no Sub-titles
          4 - The Download button does show under the address bar after selecting a video, but the Add & Play buttons don't show. Only the player buttons on the bottom of the window show.

Oh, just so you know, I am a Premium Member of CrunchyRoll.

Comment

Working...
          X