This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.2.1.1 Doesn't work at all for me!

Updated to 2.2.1.1 and now I can't download anything. Reverted back to a previous version and now working again. Not impressed..

It launches but won't attempt to download and won't auto recognise copying a URL.
    Last edited by SaturnV; 06-20-2020, 11:29 AM.

Something in your computer is wrong. If there was a problem with the program the forum would be full of complaints. Try uninstall and reboot and reinstall with Admin rights.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I posted earlier that I have same issue, and I tried DVDFAB Administrators suggestions to resolve it, and also with Admin rights.
      Definitely a problem with the app on my PC which is run running latest version of Win10 64 and all drivers up to date.
      No problems at all with any other apps.. Only issue is DVDFAB Downloader. Reverted to previous version 2210 and it works OK
      Last edited by yoyo57; 06-22-2020, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyo57 View Post
        I posted earlier that I have same issue, and I tried DVDFAB Administrators suggestions to resolve it, and also with Admin rights.
        Definitely a problem with the app on my PC which is run running latest version of Win10 64 and all drivers up to date.
        No problems at all with any other apps.. Only issue is DVDFAB Downloader. Reverted to previous version 2210 and it works OK
        How did you downgrade? I'm having the exact same issue.

Comment

So weird, I am running w10 Pro 64bit with no issues at all, the only thing I may do differently is, I always uninstall the older version before installing the new version. But mine works fine. This is interesting, its my favorite app.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

agree and also my favorite.

Comment

Same problem over here - sometimes I get to download something from Yotuube but thats all.
              For every other location (and 50% of Youtube) simply nothing happens. I add the URL, the video is not added to the list and that's all.

Comment

same, did full uninstall and remove preferences and trys to youtube but doesnt start and mixcloud does nothing

Comment

also new installs wont run the" importent update " that launches at startup

Comment

I had to reinstall Windows 10 64bit due to a hard drive crash. Clean install of DVDFab and DVD Downloader 2.2.1.1. Now only YouTube videos will download. Liveleak is supposed to work but does not. I have not tried other sites yet but this is definitely a problem.

Not one other site has provided the download arrow. Could this be a Windows Edge 10 issue?
                    Last edited by herk7769; 06-26-2020, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaturnV View Post
                      Updated to 2.2.1.1 and now I can't download anything. Reverted back to a previous version and now working again. Not impressed..

It launches but won't attempt to download and won't auto recognise copying a URL.
                      I am not sure what people hope to achieve by nutting off at the boffins at DVDFab bat central ??
                      I am equally as perplexed as to why people immediately try and reinstall older versions either. DVDFab products are and have always been constantly worked upon and upgraded when required. Even the scientific type computer boffin's are not going to get right all of the time but they will fix it.....eventually.
                      Don't forget, it is NOT unusually for Youtube to change things at their end as they have done in the past.
                      That is where I think the issue is, with Youtube, because if you read the DVDFab downloader logs, it does show a number of warnings and error messages. To wit:
                      Warning: YouTubeDL: Media analyze error out "ERROR: No video formats found; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug
                      If they doesn't convience, WinX can still get content off YouTube.
                      HTH

Comment

Originally posted by HTH View Post

I am not sure what people hope to achieve by nutting off at the boffins at DVDFab bat central ??
                        I am equally as perplexed as to why people immediately try and reinstall older versions either. DVDFab products are and have always been constantly worked upon and upgraded when required. Even the scientific type computer boffin's are not going to get right all of the time but they will fix it.....eventually.
                        Don't forget, it is NOT unusually for Youtube to change things at their end as they have done in the past.
                        That is where I think the issue is, with Youtube, because if you read the DVDFab downloader logs, it does show a number of warnings and error messages. To wit:
                        Warning: YouTubeDL: Media analyze error out "ERROR: No video formats found; please report this issue on https://yt-dl.org/bug
                        If they doesn't convience, WinX can still get content off YouTube.
                        HTH
                        Have to disagree. No it is broader than just Youtube, it is other sites as well. And the community are providing this feedback, and the posts here are reporting the issue that started a week ago.
                        Also comments about reverting to previous version provide the community with a workaround right now, until fixed by DVDFAB.

Yes there are other apps that still work well with Youtube. I also use VSO Downloader and this app works 100% with Youtube and it has not been updated for over a month. Based on this, the problem is not with Youtube changing things, it is bugs in this new version from DVDFAB i.e. VSO Downloader works and also DVDFAB previous version works.

Yes I agree that they will fix it eventually, and I appreciate the great work they do with their other apps. Be great to see a reply from DVDFAB acknowledging the issue.

Comment

I'm also having issues. It seems to be stuck on the "analyzing video" step. I just deleted the log folder, and then attempted to grab "Zombie" by Justin Furstenfeld. Not happening at all. I did use another program & it worked with no problem at all. I'll attach the log file.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Not working for me either. I get about 1/3 to 1/2 through download, then it just stops. Downloading audio from youtube. Pause/restart, exit and restart, nothing. Doesnt proceed any further. Eventually it "gave up" i guess as it said the file was downloaded only 1/2 there.

Comment

Hi, all, we have noticed the download problem in the new released 2.2.1.1. It's weird that most users can download, but some users have issues. The biggest change in the 2.2.1.1 is that we made the youtube-dl as a backend service to reduce the analysis time. We are investigating the problem and will try our best to fix it in the next release.

Comment

Working...
                              X