Feature Request for subtitles to use an alternative to timed-text subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request for subtitles to use an alternative to timed-text subtitles

Is there any way we can use a standard subtitle that get remuxed into the file instead of timed-text subtitles. I am having some support issues with that subtitle format. The workaround is to use the extract to a file option and then remux it outside. I would prefer to use the remux into file and have a setting to not use timed-text subtitles.

hi electro,

please send your remuxed file mediainfo. https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download
    And des your steps to remux srt to mp4, or other format.

yours,
    Wilson
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
    For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
    If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Here are the step I take to get around the timed-text subtitles. I use the export out to file for the srt. Then I run the following within a loop script per folder:

for %%A in ("%inPath%\*.mp4") do (
      "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvmerge.exe" --ui-language en --output ^"%inPath%/new/%%~nA.mkv^" --language 0:en --default-track 0:yes --language 1:en --track-name 1:Stereo --default-track 1:yes ^"^(^" ^"%inPath%/%%~nxA^" ^"^)^" --language 0:en ^"^(^" ^"%inPath%/%%~nA_en-us.srt^" ^"^)^" --track-order 0:0,0:1,1:0
      )

I included the MediaInfo. The files were different for before and after but the method was the same. I just didn't have a mp4 file with the timed-text. I have tried handbrake with timed-text subtitles and then don't work right, but this method I use here does work. I don't this workaround as it is an extra step.
      Attached Files

Comment

hi electro,

I checked mp4 file format subtitle defined mov_text, while mkv file format subtitle defined srt with utf8 txt.
        mp4 file cannot direct put in srt, need converter to utf8 mov text subtitle.

or, your need mkv and utf8 subtitle ?

yours,
        Wilson

Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I would prefer that option either in mp4 format or mkv format with the utf8 txt. I can't use the timed-text subtitle as it stands now.

Comment

Working...
          X