This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon batch "crashing"

So I have a batch setup with Amazon, started it and walked away. When I came back, the amazon window was closed, and not all the downloads had completed.

I just ran it again, with less in the batch, and let it run while I was sitting here. Again, it downloaded a good chunk of the batch, but the Amazon window shut down.

Please see the attached logs..... (I zipped everything DRMDownloader log folder).
    Attached Files

Same thing happened to me. I ended up turning off turbo under downloading. Seemed to help a little bit.

Comment

It appears to be repeatable. And its not just batch mode. Harley Davidson And the Marlboro Man causes an issue when that movie is up in the batch, or if I do it individually.

Comment

This is happening to me as well. I have attached my log. I was downloading Coach S01E01.
        Attached Files

Comment

Its not the batch, its Amazon. I am not sure why some episodes can be downloaded and others cannot. I can download all of Carnival Row but I can only download two episodes of The Boys...

Comment

Originally posted by evilnewbie View Post
            Its not the batch, its Amazon. I am not sure why some episodes can be downloaded and others cannot. I can download all of Carnival Row but I can only download two episodes of The Boys...
            But the app shouldn't just "close" It should be able to provide some kind of error message and go to the next movie.

For example, if I try to download Playing With Fire (Movie) by itself (Download Now), not part of a batch, it says parsing data, followed by FAILED a message. Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man, It says downloading the the window just shuts down, no error.
            Last edited by KidJoe; 01-24-2021, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I can't update the first post or title... It appears that the problem is not with BATCH operation exactly... Its more about an individual file in the batch being a problem for DRM Downloader to handle properly which causes the Amazon Downloader to close without message or warning.

For example, as I mentioned in post 6 above, I can reproduce this with the movie Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man either using "Download Now" or putting it in the batch. Another movie that behaves this way is The Ghost And The Darkness.

When this happens, the Amazon Downloader app doesn't give an error, "failed" or such message, it just closes. The main DVDFab Downloader app/window remains open, and I can re-start the Amazon Downloader app and download another movie, like Expendables 2, just fine. If I retry Harley.... or The Ghost and... It fails exactly the same, again closing the Amazon Downloader window.

I'm attaching the contents of the downloader log folder. Because there are several files, not just the drmDownloader.log, with a current time stamp, I thought they all might be relevant.

I'm going start doing movies in my list one at a time to see if I can identify others. If I do, I'll post in this thread.

Attached Files

Comment

Found another... C.H.O.M.P.S.
                Attached Files

Comment

Found another In & Out...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another... The Hurt Locker

I had to clear my log folder and start over because the board was giving an error the upload was too big.
                    Attached Files

Comment

We will try to duplicate it first, thanks for the feedback.

Comment

A new version will be released to fix the crash issue, please kindly wait for the update and then try again, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                          A new version will be released to fix the crash issue, please kindly wait for the update and then try again, thank you.
                          Thank you! I just installed version 3.0.1.0. So far the following titles which crashed 3.0.0.9, WORKED in 3.0.1.0...

In & Out
                          Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man
                          The Ghost and the Darkness
                          C.H.O.M.P.S.
                          The Hurt Locker

Playing With Fire still reports "Failed" in the queue list, same as it did in 3.0.0.9. I'll start a new thread (with logs) for that.

Comment

Working...
                          X