Not getting english audio on Disney +

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not getting english audio on Disney +

Downloaded episode 4 of wandavision and the live remake of Lady and the Tramp and neither had a English audio track

I too just downloaded Wandavision Episode 1, and the soundtrack was in German only. Whilst this was no more or less confusing than in English I would appreciate the Englist version. All settings I can see are set to English and Prime titles are in English when downloaded. What are we missing with Disney+ ?

Comment

I think I may have cracked this. When playing a title in Disney Plus through DRM Downloader, I noticed a little icon in the top right corner of the screen I don't normally see when I watch Disney+ via the TV app. I clicked on it and it was a language menu with Deutshe as the first option, and selected. I selected English and everything switched over and it seems to remember it between visits.

My first download since is now in English and hoperfully all the rest will be.

So possibly a simple workaround, but it would be less confusing for first timers if the software could set it for you.

I'll feedback long term results after a few downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by steamheaduk View Post
        I think I may have cracked this. When playing a title in Disney Plus through DRM Downloader, I noticed a little icon in the top right corner of the screen I don't normally see when I watch Disney+ via the TV app. I clicked on it and it was a language menu with Deutshe as the first option, and selected. I selected English and everything switched over and it seems to remember it between visits.
        I had the same issue, but my Disney+ settings had the audio track set to English [UK], and it was still downloading German audio. I switched to English [US] which fixed the issue. If the above-quoted recommendation doesn't work, I'd try selecting the next language listed to see if it is reading the audio for the language that is above the one selected (in the app). That may also be a temporary fix.

Comment

Yes, all my settings in DVDFab were all set to UK English but I was getting the German Audio track. It's quite possible that in selecting English (UK) and then using the EN-GB url to access Disney+ that English (UK) would be the default language (not unreasonable to assume) and does nothing, or equally is assuming it's the first language on the list in the DIsney+ app, which it isn't. Changing it to English (US) is perhaps enough to stop it assuming, so it makes a change inside Disney+.

I can certrainly confirm that having set the language to English just once inside Disney+ itself I am always getting the correct audio, on separate uses of the tool.

Comment

Just to clarify, I believe that in selecting English [UK] in Disney+, the downloader thinks I have selected German as the audio language. By selecting English [US], the downloader thinks I have selected English [UK]. I think the software is one off in the audio list.

Comment

Working...
            X