Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

looking for any input RE: Missing Met. data on Amazon downloads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for any input RE: Missing Met. data on Amazon downloads.

I am running DVD fab downloader version 3.0.1.6 when I download a movie from Amazon. And chance for it to my server which is running Plex. None of the movies downloaded have populated any of the meta info except for the name. When I upload a DVD to my server it populates all information about it.

Are you downloading it and sending it directly to your server? .....the metadata information is in a different location if you are sending it to a computer which I gather you are. The movies/shows downloads to the Output folder, you need to look for the Metapictures folder on your computer and create an additional folder for whatever movie you are trying to send to the server. In the folder that you create you need to have the movie that was downloaded into the Output folder (the movie), SRT file (if it has one) and the Metapicture file if you want your server to recognize whatever that movie or show is, think of the Metapicture file as your NFO file for your server and send it to your sever as labeled by the downloaded Output movie name.

Comment

Thank you
      that sounds like that will fix it.

Comment

For me, sometimes the default "Plex Movie" agent doesn't match up the movies. I have to "fix match" then select the "The Movie Database" agent to search.

Plex doesn't seem to care about the meta data embedded in the files themselves. For example, some of the TV series I downloaded from Amazon when there was a DRM Downloader bug, an they have the wrong info in them... They show fine in Plex. Likely because the file name is correct, with series name, season and episode numbers in the file names.

Comment

Working...
        X