CBS All Access Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CBS All Access Quality

Thought I would give the CBS All Access downloader a go and here are some notes on the results when downloading Star Trek Discovery
    • Quality of the video was not 1920x1080, more like 720 or lower that was upscaled. Probably an issue with what cbs detects my internet is capable of
    • Audio was Out of sync with the video
    • The beginning of each episode was clipped off. seem like it was about the length of time it too do discover the meta data and for me to pick with episodes to queue in the task list.
    • Once I hit download now the video did not restart from beginning like Netflix downloader will do.
    • Audio is only 2.0 (may be a cbs support thing like disney+)
    • Outputted files are not in a folder of the series name and not named with episode name and number. each one was a date code and random string as the file name.

That is strange... I tried it a while back and looking at my files they are all 1080p and 5.1 sound. Could be CBS is fighting back as well?

Comment

Now I remember, I download it off of Amazon Prime with the CBS subscription. That may be why my version is different than yours.

Comment

You are correct using it straight from CBS subscription has a lot of issues yet. My audio out of sync as well. Thanks for posting this thought it was only me with that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
          Thought I would give the CBS All Access downloader a go and here are some notes on the results when downloading Star Trek Discovery
          • Quality of the video was not 1920x1080, more like 720 or lower that was upscaled. Probably an issue with what cbs detects my internet is capable of
          • Audio was Out of sync with the video
          • The beginning of each episode was clipped off. seem like it was about the length of time it too do discover the meta data and for me to pick with episodes to queue in the task list.
          • Once I hit download now the video did not restart from beginning like Netflix downloader will do.
          • Audio is only 2.0 (may be a cbs support thing like disney+)
          • Outputted files are not in a folder of the series name and not named with episode name and number. each one was a date code and random string as the file name.
          Please post the video name you tested and the log file for checking the out-of-sync issue. Also about the file name issue, please post a screenshot to show us. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please post the video name you tested and the log file for checking the out-of-sync issue. Also about the file name issue, please post a screenshot to show us. Thanks.
            I was downloading Star Trek Discovery and stopped half way through ep 2 since ep1 was cut off and audio out of sync. I did not keep the files since they were bad or the logs since you insist on putting them in my documents folder wasting my onedrive space.

Comment

Yay, they fixed the thread!

So I tried to use CBS again. Results are a little different. This attempt I only set all episodes of season 1 of Star Trek Discovery.

- Quality of the video is poor. Again the image seems to be that of a 720 video upscaled poorly to 1080. probably CBS giving me the video at a lower resolution till it can buffer more.
              - Saved Videos start 5 to 10 seconds after the actual begging of the episode. Seems to coincide with when I clicked Download Now. Like Netflix the episode does not restart.
              - Audio seems better in sync, hard to tell due to length of files, more on that in a minute
              - Audio is only 2 channel not 5.1
              - when downloading the first episode finished really quickly then the second then the third stopped with an error of "Too many streams" from cbs
              - when looking back at the saved files each is 4, 8 and 12 seconds long.

Names of the files match the title of the show and episode at least

The logs attached are just from this download attempt. I still have the resulting mp4's if needed, each is under 10MB

Attached Files

Comment

Okay, I have passed your report to the developer team for checking.

Comment

Now that CBS All Access is Paramount Plus and you have to go to ParamountPlus.com to watch with a sub I'll have to wait till the software is updated to use the new URL for future testings.

Comment

Working...
                  X