QDrmDef.exe runs constantly in background after complete exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QDrmDef.exe runs constantly in background after complete exit

The QDrmDef.exe file still runs in the background utilizing on average 30% constant usage after completely exiting the DVDFab Downloader and any downloader window. The computers run really slow and I've lost two hard drives in the last three months from stress on the downloader downloading amazon series. Is this normal? If I go in and terminate any known processes from the program, my cpu goes back down to normal usage (under 10%).

I have not experienced this and certainly no one has reported hard drives being trashed. Please attach the some of the relevant logs when time permits. You may need to zip them if they exceed forum limits.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
      The QDrmDef.exe file still runs in the background utilizing on average 30% constant usage after completely exiting the DVDFab Downloader and any downloader window. The computers run really slow and I've lost two hard drives in the last three months from stress on the downloader downloading amazon series. Is this normal? If I go in and terminate any known processes from the program, my cpu goes back down to normal usage (under 10%).
      go into the general settings, click under "what do when close window" in the drop down menu
      click Exit the program, click ok and then check and see if the QDrmDef.exe still runs in the task manager background.

Comment

signals -- I will do that after running a set of downloads. The stress could possibly be from a combination of running the downloader and microsoft since their last update. A lot of users have reported a few weeks ago, in addition to myself, that microsoft released an update which has caused their computers to have issues running correctly.

october262 -- Thanks for the reply. I have already performed that option many times. It does it on both of my PCs and the laptop.

Comment

Working...
        X