VPN Usage with Downloader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPN Usage with Downloader

Prior to 3.2.0.0 I was able to connect to VPN and perform downloads for content available outside of the US. Since 3.2.0.0 that has not been possible. Has the application changed to prevent VPN usage?

what VPN are you currently using ??
    and have you tried using a different VPN

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      what VPN are you currently using ??
      and have you tried using a different VPN
      I'm using NordVPN as I was able to use it with Netflix, & Hulu w/o an issue prior to 3.2.0.0

Comment

Originally posted by fvigo1128 View Post

I'm using NordVPN as I was able to use it with Netflix, & Hulu w/o an issue prior to 3.2.0.0
        try going into your Nord vpn settings and turn off CyberSec feature off and then retry using the dvdfab downloader.

Comment

Prior to 3.2.0.0 I was able to connect to VPN and perform downloads for content available outside of the US. Since 3.2.0.0 that has not been possible. Has the application changed to prevent VPN usage?
          Please post the drmDownloader log file, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please post the drmDownloader log file, thanks.
            Please see sample file as original was too large. Failed downloads were The Fifth Element, & Spider-Man_ Homecoming via VPN. Successful were Zombieland, & The Nevers_S01E05.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try going into your Nord vpn settings and turn off CyberSec feature off and then retry using the dvdfab downloader.
              Same failure with CyberSec turned off.

Comment

I am also using Nordvpn paid version. I am a lifetime subscriber to few DvdFab software, not Downloader yet though. In the past nordvpn's cybersec feature wouldn't let Dvdfab to connect to its' servers. I turned that feature off as suggested by Signals. It worked. In the near past, Nordvpn stopped my internet connection with all the browsers I use. Their recommended connection 'Nordlynx' was the cause! They never responded to my email for solution. I switched the connection to UDP within Nordvpn settings. That solved the problem. Try that and see what happens.

this is from Nordvpn web site:

UDP is mainly used for online streaming and downloading. TCP is more reliable but also slightly slower than UDP and is mainly used for web browsing.

https://support.nordvpn.com/General-...TCP-vs-UDP.htm

Comment

Using Nord VPN on Netflix, trying to download Supernatural or anything else. I add it to the que and download, it parses then starts downloading but notice it shows 0.0 for files size instead of say, 1.1gb, then goes to remux and fails. Seems to work fine with Amazon for me. Tried the other user suggestions in thread to no avail. Usinf latest version of Drmdownloader. Thanks again for your time!!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Boink; 05-11-2021, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I have passed the logs to our developer, we will see if we can duplicate the VPN issue.

Comment

This is only an issue with Netflix Downloader and NordVPN. I signed up to PrivateVPN just to check and Downloads work fine. Connected to both Netflix UK and US for testing and downloaded every time.

NordVPN works with Amazon Downloader with out issues.

UPDATE: Just found out in PrivateVPN for the US Netflix you must use the Phoenix Server and For UK Netflix you must use the London Server.
                      Last edited by PedroT92; 05-12-2021, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Same failure with CyberSec turned off.
                        It looks like NordVPN has a split tunnel setting. Try going to the split tunnel settings and setting DVDFab Downloader to bypass the VPN. I use PIA and I have to do this due to Netflix and and Amazon blocking my VPN. Have a look here:
                        VPN split tunneling lets you tailor your VPN protection to your needs. Secure your traffic while letting some apps bypass encryption. Learn more.

Comment

Oh, it seems thy also use obfuscated servers to hide the fact that you are using a VPN. Try using one of these servers. https://nordvpn.com/features/obfuscated-servers/

Comment

I tried using split tunneling by disabling VPN for DVDFab downloader AND DRMDownloader as well as switching to OpenVPN and using an obfuscated server. Netflix downloads still fail. What I see happening in the log and the program is Netflix returns to the program that the show is over before it even begins downloading anything from it. The program sees that is 0GB in size and then stops trying to download. Then when trying to remux into one file, theres nothing to remux. Something in the way netflix is returning flags for the beginning and the end of shows must be different when using a VPN? I was able to download a few shows over VPN for a day or two when I first installed DVDFab downloader last week. Now I am unable to download anything on Netflix via VPN. Mainly I want to finish downloading "The Office" which mainly all downloaded except a few episodes that failed the first time around.

Originally posted by jsinfate View Post
                            Oh, it seems thy also use obfuscated servers to hide the fact that you are using a VPN. Try using one of these servers. https://nordvpn.com/features/obfuscated-servers/

Comment

I have tried all the recommendations per responses w/o success. Nord was reset back to original settings and a test connection to a Canada (Toronto) connection was established and 3.2.0.3 was started and I tried to download a show w/o success. I then disconnected the NordVPN application, quite the downloader and re-installed 3.1.0.9. Once the older version was installed I connected back to Canada (Toronto) via NordVPN and opened 3.1.0.9 and I was able to download a movie while it was being displayed in the application with the high-speed option enabled.
                              Hopefully this information will help the devs out in testing on their end.
                              drmDownloader.log

Comment

Working...
                              X