Subtitle Settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtitle Settings?

Can DRM Downloader be updated so that when I select a language in the Subtitle drop down in the app Settings, it includes any/all subtitles of that language for that movie? That way if there are both "CC" and "Forced" language subtitles for a movie/show, both sets of titles are downloaded without further user intervention?

I've downloaded a few movies that I later, while watching the movie, I found should have FORCED subtitles for non-english parts. (lots of non-english dialog spoken, but nothing to translate other than the FULL subs for all dialog)

In settings, there is an option for Subtitles. While I have English selected, if a movie on a service has both Full English subtitles (like the full dialog like closed caption), as well as FORCED sub titles, apparently only 1 English subtitle set is downloaded, and it is been the non-forced subtitles. In other words, even though I have English selected in settings, I still have to check each movie before adding to download queue, to make sure if there are Forced subs too, and also select those if there are any.

Example for Netflix...
    "2012" contains English and English[CC], where English is selected by default, but English[CC] is not and must be manually selected via the drop down before adding/downloading.

"The Irishman" contains English [CC] and English [ForcedNarrative], where English [CC] is selected by default, but the English [ForcedNarrative] is not and must be manually selected via the drop down before adding/downloading.

"Rush" contains English [CC] and English [ForcedNarrative], where English [CC] is selected by default, but the English [ForcedNarrative] is not and must be manually selected via the drop down before adding/downloading.

In these 3 examples the only way to know these movies have more than 1 English sub is to use the drop down before adding to the download queue, or take the defaults and figure out something is missing when watching the movie, and have to go back and re-download it, being sure to manually select the extra subs.

I have passed your request to developer.

Comment

I do agree, would be nice to be able to pick FULL, FORCED and or BOTH for subtitles.

Comment

When SRT is picked, I was wondering if it can be MUXED in the CONTAINER instead of a seperate file that I need to re-insert with MKVTOOLNIX afterward. This is a time consuming

Thanx. Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by rdesormiers View Post
          When SRT is picked, I was wondering if it can be MUXED in the CONTAINER instead of a seperate file that I need to re-insert with MKVTOOLNIX afterward. This is a time consuming

Thanx. Regards.
          Have you tried going into 'Settings' - 'Streaming Services' - 'Download Subtitles' and choosing 'Remux Into File' instead of 'Extract To SRT' File yet?

Comment

Hello DownEarth,

Yes I did but it creates a WEIRD file called tx3g in the container. I know, before you say so, it's normal since it's a WEB-DL but I would like to have an option to MUX and SRT instead. To my point, this is something that is not really universal. It works with PLEX.

Thanx.
            Regards.

Comment

Working...
            X