Download Folders Opening Up After Downloading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download Folders Opening Up After Downloading

Just had the chance to upgrade to StreamFab 4.0.0.0, it kind of changed all my settings to the default C drive settings (figured it would). I took screen shots of all my settings and folders before updating.

Everything is set right as before the update. Right now with V4.0.0.0 it is opening a folder every time an episode is downloaded. So with 4 seasons totaling 48 episodes, there's 48 pop up windows opening, this was a previous fixed but appears to be back with this release. To verify in 'General' settings, 'System'...I have 'unchecked', 'Open The Folder Automatically After Download Finished' and it is still opening the download folders again.

I wasn't quite finished downloading the series I was trying to download on my 1st post. Finished now and will be providing logs as season 4 of 'Gomorrah' from HBOMax keeps failing and will not download. Tried shutting and restarting program with no change. Know this is not the same issue that is going on with Amazon, Hulu and Netflix as HBOMax has been working without fail for me, Season 4 of 'Gomorrah' is failing to download as a series. Please update and advise.........
    Attached Files

Comment

It sounds like your settings changes weren't taking place. I've had that happen a few times.
      Typically, to fix this, what I do is close out all windows, then launch a new process. Adjust settings, then launch the recording windows again

Comment

Thanks twhiting9275 for the feedback on a work around to try. Unfortunately since the last season I was trying to get will not download and fails from HBOMax and all the other streaming sites as we know don't work as well, I'm at a stalemate of getting to try what you recommended for the downloaded folders opening. I can wait and will have to wait until things gets hashed out and try again later with another series or streaming site. Hopefully I will be able to finish getting the rest of the 'Gomorrah' series without failing. Thanks again.

Comment

One thing I've found with HBO Max (and none others), when using Streamfab (didn't happen previously):

Sometimes after a large period of downloading, downloads will just 'fail'.
          What I might suggest is closing out the HBO Max downloader after this, giving it a few minutes, and trying the failed downloads again. Has worked for me every time.

I was able to download the new Conjuring movie, which came out the week of these changes, so, I wouldn't bet that HBO has the same DRM stuff.

Try restarting the failed downloads, should fire right up.

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post

What I might suggest is closing out the HBO Max downloader after this, giving it a few minutes, and trying the failed downloads again. Has worked for me every time.

I was able to download the new Conjuring movie, which came out the week of these changes, so, I wouldn't bet that HBO has the same DRM stuff.

Try restarting the failed downloads, should fire right up.
            Pretty much all the streaming sites work in conjunction as fore mentioned and has worked just like you noted from day one, for me at least, the close out and reload, try again is not working in this case.

Think HBOMax is on a different leg then the rest of the streaming sites as they were and are the only one that works and have been working with whatever DVDfab is calling their download streaming app. (meaning past and present versions/updates)

Have tried.......Amazon, Hulu, Netflix.... (after updating to V4.0.0.0) and they all still do not download successfully now because of the DRM changes but the process in place for HBOMax absolutely still works (Disney + works also), I'm still able to get a complete download without fail from them.........this is the first downloaded series that fails to download though, so something is not right with the app not being able to finish and completing the download of this series/seasons/episodes.

Much thanks again mate....D2E.....
            Last edited by Down2Earth; 06-13-2021, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X