Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Wait? ....and other silly questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I Wait? ....and other silly questions....

New to these streaming download programs here.

Looking to buy the Netflix Downloader. Tried a couple with the trial version and wasn't able to get one to work.

1) Should I wait for this DRM brew-ha-ha gets solved before buying?

2) Do the trial versions give you full quality (1080p / 5.1) or lesser quality ? Trying the Hulu currently and it's downloading in real time....

3) Imgburn doesn't burn mp4s to Blu-Ray, so I assume I need to convert it to an iso file first?

Netflix Downloader does support 1080P... Not everything is downloadable at this time because, as was pointed to in another Sticky, some of the companies have made changes. DVDFab is working on it. You don't need to "wait". Some Netflix episodes and movies are still accessible through older decryption. If one doesn't have successes then try another. DRM is a "Cat and Mouse game"...it's always changing and so are the people, umm..who "do something about it". Yup, and before you start the Trial the program informs you that it does. IF the Service provides 1080P. A lot of stuff with Hulu is 720P.

ImgBurn DOES burn MP4s to Blu-ray dics, but it makes them as DATA (Day-Tah) discs.. ImgBurn is not a Blu-ray Authoring program. When MP4s or MKVs are burned to disc that is an ISO in physical form. I suggest you look into BD Rebuilder, it will convert MP4s and MKVs into a BD compliant folder which you could then burn to a BD (Blu-ray Disc). There is a lot more to it, but that'll get you started and answers the questions posed.

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

So I can convert the mp4 into an iso....

The programs I've used ask for ISO 9660 Joliet, ISO 9660 or UDF iso.

Have converted through 2 programs. Most iso files I get from physical discs can be played through VLC media player. These don't open....should I just try and use imgburn to burn test files to blu or ?

Sorry....know some tech.... but I'm stumped here.

Comment

Should you wait?

This depends on the license type you are planning on buying. IF you're planning on buying a month to month kind of license, then absolutely! Wait until the things get fixed, and get the most out of your money. IF you're planning on buying an owned license, then nah. They'll have it fixed soon enough . It's not a question of if but when, and from the sounds of things, it's just another week or two (though I could be misinterpreting that).

Yes, the trials give you exactly what you should expect from the main program. Everything. You're just quantity limited (3)

Imgburn is only going to convert this into an iso, or otherwise related image. You want something like nero, or DVDFab's burner (IIRC, they have one, right?)

Personally, I gave up on the whole 'disc' based storage thing long ago, and just throw them onto hard drive now, load them into plex. A much easier solution, and much better when you have multiple people in the house

Honestly, you'll be better off going with the all in one product, if you can hand over the change (I know it's expensive, but it's 100% worth it).

Comment

Originally posted by Michael3999 View Post
            So I can convert the mp4 into an iso....

The programs I've used ask for ISO 9660 Joliet, ISO 9660 or UDF iso.

Have converted through 2 programs. Most iso files I get from physical discs can be played through VLC media player. These don't open....should I just try and use imgburn to burn test files to blu or ?

Sorry....know some tech.... but I'm stumped here.
            ImgBurn is one of the best burning programs made. It also has an Easy mode that detects Blu-ray structure from a directory/folder, Audio disc creation and so on. Well discs are never "opened" but they are read..then mounted. Buzzwords or phrases can be very bothersome when it comes to technology. I quit with VLC long time ago because of the clunky interface and functionality. PowerDVD has an ability to mount and then read the contents. There are other methods out there too, some free..some not.

Your message didn't make sense here, most ISO files you've created from physical discs, but these don't. What do you mean by "these"?? I always suggest ImgBurn, but when it comes to Blu-ray I suggest testing with BD-RE. That's stops "coasters" from being made.

Some Blu-ray players do not support MP4 files... Or the Subtitle stream is causing a problem since they're not SRT. If you have a Smart (Dumb) TV with a USB, you could write the files to USB Flash Drive and play them through your TV. I love Blu-ray discs still. Better quality than Streaming. But anyway... Looking around, it seems DVDFab's Convert has the ability to change the subtitles into SRT..and convert the file to MKV which to me is MUCH better than MP4.

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
              Should you wait?

This depends on the license type you are planning on buying. IF you're planning on buying a month to month kind of license, then absolutely! Wait until the things get fixed, and get the most out of your money. IF you're planning on buying an owned license, then nah. They'll have it fixed soon enough . It's not a question of if but when, and from the sounds of things, it's just another week or two (though I could be misinterpreting that).

Yes, the trials give you exactly what you should expect from the main program. Everything. You're just quantity limited (3)

Imgburn is only going to convert this into an iso, or otherwise related image. You want something like nero, or DVDFab's burner (IIRC, they have one, right?)

Personally, I gave up on the whole 'disc' based storage thing long ago, and just throw them onto hard drive now, load them into plex. A much easier solution, and much better when you have multiple people in the house

Honestly, you'll be better off going with the all in one product, if you can hand over the change (I know it's expensive, but it's 100% worth it).
              Correct, ImgBurn does not MAKE nor CONVERT the downloaded Streamed files into Blu-ray compatible. Which is why I suggest BD Rebuilder, which is Donations. That program allows you to import all MP4 and MKVs and it will make them compatible if supported - the Subtitles in the downloaded files will have to be converted by another program. Nero does a horrible job with video conversation especially if the video is outside of 23.976..but that's a different subject matter. Nero is also very bloated.

How do you "throw" files onto a Hard Drive?!! Haha....funny description. I rip all my movies to Hard Drives and then burn to BD-RE when I want to see something because I still love the menu themes. Sometimes I opt for make MKVs from my ripped movies and extras with the aforementioned program.

Agreed, not "if" but "when"...the Cat and Mouse game...as it's been knows for generations.

Comment

Sorry if I'm being confusing, lol....

Normally, when I backup my Blu's, I simply use ImgBurn to write the iso to a disc.

Now, I have an mp4, but I don't know how to use ImgBurn to burn it to a BD-R.

Comment

MP4 is not a format that will play automatically just by being on a bluray disk, unless your player happens to support MP4, you need to convert it to the correct format and burn that.

If you use a computer rather than a bluray player. the MP4 format is probably fine. Although depending on your the app you use to play and if you want subtitles(forced or otherwise), not all apps support subtitles in the MP4 format. The default Windows 10 player for instance does NOT.

I would absolutely suggest you wait until all DRM issues are fixed for whichever downloader you are interested in. For instance Disney+ issues where not caused by this latest mass change and has been broken for 3 full months as of tomorrow.

Comment

I meant that DVD Fab makes me an iso, then I use ImgBurn to write that iso to a BD-R.

Right now I can't seem to find a program that will convert these mp4s to an iso that I can use Imgburn to burn to Blu.

Seems like it should be so much simpler...but then, I like to complicate things....

Comment

Sorry if I'm being confusing, lol....

Normally, when I backup my Blu's, I simply use ImgBurn to write the iso to a disc.

Now, I have an mp4, but I don't know how to use ImgBurn to burn it to a BD-R.
                      Breaking it down to simplistic: Start ImgBurn, Select "Write Files and Folders to Disc" from the GUI (Graphical User Interface). Now select the MP4/MKV you want to be written to the disc, Drag'N'Drop or use + to select files. The Burn it. This WILL create a Data Disc but it WILL NOT Create a Blu-ray disc that has menus that you might expect. What it WILL do, if your BD Player supports it, is present a directory listing of the files on the disc for you to select to play. If your Blu-ray player supports MP4 (H.264 video, AAC audio, and the Subtitles within..which aren't common) then it'll play.

Comment

I meant that DVD Fab makes me an iso, then I use ImgBurn to write that iso to a BD-R.

Right now I can't seem to find a program that will convert these mp4s to an iso that I can use Imgburn to burn to Blu.

Seems like it should be so much simpler...but then, I like to complicate things....
                        You're not being confusing. Confusion comes from 2 states of Being. 1) is clear 2) is not. You're not being very clear, and I'm attempting to follow your problem as you've outlined it. I'm not a basic user, nor a passive one.

You did Not comment before that you used DVDFab to make the ISO. You only commented that you wanted MP4 to be written to a BD.

You Cannot CONVERT MP4/MKV to ISO. Converting something is very different than Writing a File Directly. MP4/MKV Can be Written to a BD with ImgBurn from the Easy to Use GUI.
                        CONVERTING them to Blu-ray Structure is DIFFERENT.

Since you're using DVDFab, do you have Blu-ray Creator?

Comment

SirRush, thank you for all your help. Blu-Ray Creator is all that I needed!

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                            X