File Name Edit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File Name Edit

Is there a way to customize the way a file is save? I don't really see the benefit of having the resolution on the file title. (It happens on YT streaming)

I'm curious, what's the take on this in the community.

Take a look at filebot. That will do it all in a batch, post download, which is the best place for it to happen
    It is a separate product, but it's the easiest approach , especially if you do a ton of downloading.

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
      Take a look at filebot. That will do it all in a batch, post download, which is the best place for it to happen
      It is a separate product, but it's the easiest approach , especially if you do a ton of downloading.
      Thank you, I will look into it.Will it also remove the "_" in titles?

Comment

Originally posted by fpsguy View Post

Thank you, I will look into it.Will it also remove the "_" in titles?
        It does, yes.
        It will rename both video and subtitle files. Does more, of course, but those are the appropriate ones.
        It can help organize your collection, quite well even . I have some 30k episodes of 600+ shows, all sorted, organized, etc. Same for movies.
        It's a natural part of my process any more

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post

It does, yes.
          It will rename both video and subtitle files. Does more, of course, but those are the appropriate ones.
          It can help organize your collection, quite well even . I have some 30k episodes of 600+ shows, all sorted, organized, etc. Same for movies.
          It's a natural part of my process any more
          It works. A bit complex to use but it did a decent job for the first time. Thanks!

Comment

It is absolutely complex, I agree. however, it's got some pretty decent filters to use, and once you get things setup how you like, you can just save and run presets

Comment

Working...
            X