Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about services not working

Good morning!

I have a full never expiring license for streamfab, purchased a few months ago when it was coming out of development. I have never been able to get anything to download from any site, even with the ones showing on the "explorer" section. I click on "paste URL" and it doesn't download anything. I'll go check the "downloading" tab and there's nothing there. It just says "no download task yet". I also go to click on a video (such as foxnews.com) and it plays the video, but does not download anything. Do I have to have another license for something else to get it to actually work? Is that considered part of 'youtube downloader"?

edit: Just to add and make clear so there's no misunderstanding, I've been able to use the amazon, disney, hulu modules with no issues before this drm problem. I'm referring to the videos that aren't part of the streaming services tab. The one's I'm referring to are under the explorer tab.
    Last edited by corey75; 06-24-2021, 02:19 PM.

I've been successful with Youtube, Vimeo, Fox News, But I haven't really used/tried others. Just for kicks, I tried Comedy Central, and I was able to add a South Park episode to the queue, but it never downloaded.

The list of sites under "Explore" was much more expansive when the app first launched. So I wonder if changes to the sites got in the way? like NBC.com used to be there, its not anymore, and if you visit the site, and try to download something it just sits in the queue as "downloading"

Comment

Youtube works like a champ for me. The DRM issues should be cleared up on Hulu and Netflix now. Have tried quite a few and had no problems so far

Comment

KidJoe > Thanks for the reply. I'm wondering if the updates broke the downloads in the explorer section for me over time. Do you think I have to purchase an additional license that's not included to get that section to work? I'm wondering if I have to purchase a youtube downloader license to get that section to work.

twhiting9275 > Are you successful with anything under the explorer tab which I'm referring to? I don't have any issues with the modules you're referring to.

Comment

corey75> I have the same problem as you. Before upgrading to StreamFab, when it was named DownloadFab, it worked well.
          For now, the URL entry screen does nothing except for the specific web sites listed in StreamFab screen.
          It strongly hope for the product team to get back the feature soon.

Comment

@corey75, please update to the latest version to try again. If still have downloading issue, please post the latest StreamFab log file.

@shumie, the PASTE ULR entry was decided for websites that are under the Explorer tab. Streaming Services sites do not work that way.

Comment

Working...
            X