Putting files onto a Tablet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting files onto a Tablet

Has anyone had issues with putting the downloaded files use StreamFab onto a tablet? For some reason often I have problems reading them on the tablet. I am using a Samsung Galaxy 7. Any advice?

This sounds like a specific software issue. What error are you running into? What software are you using to play the files?

Comment

I am using VLC on the tablet. The error I am running into is that it does not play. Plays fine on the computer but when i put on Tablet does not work.

Comment

It is weird some of the files will read but others will not.

Comment

Has anyone else here tried putting the files onto a tablet? It runs fine on the PC but on the tablet runs into issues.

Comment

Originally posted by seaninsa View Post
            It is weird some of the files will read but others will not.
            This is normal behavior in this case....Simple Ways to Open an MP4 File on Android: 8 Steps (wikihow.com) Your not doing anything wrong!

Comment

Thanks I will try that...

Comment

Has anyone else here tried putting the files onto a tablet? It runs fine on the PC but on the tablet runs into issues.
                are you using the internal storage or an SD card in the tablet to play back the movie ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

are you using the internal storage or an SD card in the tablet to play back the movie ??
                  I am using the card...

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

Have you put any of the files from SteamFab onto a tablet?

Comment

Have you put any of the files from SteamFab onto a tablet?
                      not from streamfab i haven't. what output is the movie file ? if your using Mp4 then try
                      converting to MKV.

Comment

I have tried doing that as well..try it and see what happens if you have a tablet. I wonder if it has to do with the Android OS and stuff. The files work fine on the PC. I travel so I wanted a way to be able to have the files portable.

Comment

MP4 is not natively supported by android. In order to play through default playback you will need to transcode a supported format or possibly just change the extension from .MP4 to .h264 (not positive about that last part) OR use a player that supports it through codec libraries

Comment

I have tried doing that as well..try it and see what happens if you have a tablet. I wonder if it has to do with the Android OS and stuff. The files work fine on the PC. I travel so I wanted a way to be able to have the files portable.
                            Have you looked at Plex? I use Plex to download movies to my iPad for travel use. They also have an android app. A big plus is that Plex can transcode the files resolution down to save space and match a tablet capability. I have a full Plex license and don’t know the limitations of the free version.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
                              MP4 is not natively supported by android. In order to play through default playback you will need to transcode a supported format or possibly just change the extension from .MP4 to .h264 (not positive about that last part) OR use a player that supports it through codec libraries
                              This was my point with my previous link, noted that you wasn't doing anything wrong, it's documented that some mp4 videos work and some do not with Samsung Galaxy, weather it be mobile or tablet, it's a problem. Another link.............(Google) "How to Play MP4 on Galaxy S7/S6/S5/S4/S3/S2/Tab/Note Smoothly?"

Comment

Working...
                              X