Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separate subtitle file

Hello everybody,

I succesfully downloaded an amazon movie with streamfab.

Unfortunately the subtitles are integrated in the mp4 file. Therefore I can not import them to a video editor (like Adobe Premiere).

How can I save / extract the subtitles in a separate file (srt or xml)?

look at the first answer at https://superuser.com/questions/5833...o-using-ffmpeg

and the second response to the answer if you have multiple subtitle tracks to extract

you can download FFMpeg from https://github.com/BtbN/FFmpeg-Builds/releases/ I'm not entirely sure which download is best, but Mona has previously suggested ffmpeg-n-XXX-XXXXX-win64-gpl.zip (replace the Xs without whatever is the current build number)

Comment

Which way are you extracting the subtitles? There are two ways in StreamFab settings, Remux which is integrated in the mp4 file and Extract to SRT file which is a separate file. This setting/option is under 'Streaming Services'.

Comment

I'm not positive but I think it will only write one SRT, but can remux multiple subtitle tracks into the MP4

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
          I'm not positive but I think it will only write one SRT, but can remux multiple subtitle tracks into the MP4
          While you set it to extract to srt file, one subtitle stream outputs one srt file, and two output two. If that is not the case, please specify the video you have tried and post the drmDownloader log file, we will check, thank you.

Comment

CCExtractor will also extract subtitles as SRT from MP4.

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

Yes. Picking separate srt download in the settings is the easiest way. I changed that.
              But the download is not starting since 3 days. "Ready to download" sand clock is displayed in the left top corner for hours.
              Also I can not put the video to the task queue.

Are there problems with amazon.de right now? Or why is this?
              The first video (no separate srt) was downloaded succesfull 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mike55 View Post
                Thanks for your replies.

Yes. Picking separate srt download in the settings is the easiest way. I changed that.
                But the download is not starting since 3 days. "Ready to download" sand clock is displayed in the left top corner for hours.
                Also I can not put the video to the task queue.

Are there problems with amazon.de right now? Or why is this?
                The first video (no separate srt) was downloaded succesfull 2 weeks ago.
                Glad you were able to extract the SRT file that you wanted by using what was already in place, as noted there were other means if that didn't work for you.

About your downloading problem, there is another thread in comparison for Amazon.de (Germany), it might be a valid problem that can't be duplicated just yet.

DVDFab Forum - Amazon Prime Germany not working at all

Check out the recommendation to try as listed from Mona, if all fails from it....post another thread with this topic with your logs for help.

Comment

Working...
                X