HBOmax Duplicate Subtitles Within SRT File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBOmax Duplicate Subtitles Within SRT File

I first noticed this Friday evening and it has taken me this long to discover and report the problem; for this I apologize.

Some titles downloaded from HBOmax are downloading with subtitles (SRT files extracted) where there are repeating subtitles (same timestamps, same diaglogue) within the file.

Attached is both a sample output file and the StreamFab logfile.

For clarification, it's not happening on ALL movies and when it does happen, it's not happening on EVERY line within the SRT file. I've tried to look for a pattern to see when it happens but I'm at a loss.
    Attached Files

Yeah, I'm seeing duplicates in some of the SRT files. I use this program, Subtitle-Edit, to get rid of the duplicates. It's free. Takes 10 seconds to get rid of it. It's temporary till they get this fixed.

Open SRT file >Tools -> Merge lines with text.> Save.

Comment

Originally posted by BradYonder View Post
      I first noticed this Friday evening and it has taken me this long to discover and report the problem; for this I apologize.

Some titles downloaded from HBOmax are downloading with subtitles (SRT files extracted) where there are repeating subtitles (same timestamps, same diaglogue) within the file.

Attached is both a sample output file and the StreamFab logfile.

For clarification, it's not happening on ALL movies and when it does happen, it's not happening on EVERY line within the SRT file. I've tried to look for a pattern to see when it happens but I'm at a loss.
      Please specify the last movie that has this problem, and give us the drmDownloader log file as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangdmg View Post
        Yeah, I'm seeing duplicates in some of the SRT files. I use this program, Subtitle-Edit, to get rid of the duplicates. It's free. Takes 10 seconds to get rid of it. It's temporary till they get this fixed.

Open SRT file >Tools -> Merge lines with text.> Save.
        I actually tried using this as a temporary solution, but what ended up happening was that instead of having just one line of text, both of the merged lines were showing up on the same line. So instead of, for example:

5 Hi!
        6 Hi!

I was getting

5 Hi!<br>Hi!

Unless I was doing something wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Please specify the last movie that has this problem, and give us the drmDownloader log file as well.
          I tried this again after StreamFab 4.0.1.9 was released and got the same problem.

I tested it with both a TV show (Whose Line Is It Anyway, S04E18) and a movie (Addicted to Love).

Attached are the most recent logfiles when attempted this morning.
          Attached Files

Comment

I actually tried using this as a temporary solution, but what ended up happening was that instead of having just one line of text, both of the merged lines were showing up on the same line. So instead of, for example:

5 Hi!
            6 Hi!

I was getting

5 Hi!<br>Hi!

Unless I was doing something wrong...
            The closest thing I found to a solution was to use the tool "Merge lines with same text..." in Subtitle Edit. It merged the lines without duplicating the text. It just has to be done very carefully because on some files the same text can be found in multiple places in the film, and merging them in this way will only put the one line of text at the earliest timestamp. So if the line of text is "Okay." and it appears 14 times throughout a movie, it will all be merged as one line at the first time it is said in the movie and won't appear anywhere else.

Comment

I tried this again after StreamFab 4.0.1.9 was released and got the same problem.

I tested it with both a TV show (Whose Line Is It Anyway, S04E18) and a movie (Addicted to Love).

Attached are the most recent logfiles when attempted this morning.
              Thanks for the info, we will check.

Comment

The issue of duplicated text lines in .srt file has been fixed, please kindly wait for the coming version and then try again, thank you.

Comment

Is This why I've been getting double subs on Titans? I thought it was just Plex being stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                    The issue of duplicated text lines in .srt file has been fixed, please kindly wait for the coming version and then try again, thank you.
                    Thank you!

Comment

This duplicating srt happens too on AppleTV

Comment

Originally posted by TarantinoMariachi View Post
                        This duplicating srt happens too on AppleTV
                        Our QA team will try to duplicate it, please post the related drmDownloader log file too. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X