Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Fab question... editing the tag info in the downloaded MP4 files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-Fab question... editing the tag info in the downloaded MP4 files?

StreamFab adds tag info into the MP4 files including the name, description, etc. When adding the movies to my plex server, Plex sometimes picks up that information.

I have a few movies which I own the 4K, and when I download them from Amazon they have 4k in embedded in the Movie Name tag... for example: Back to the Future Part II (4K UHD) or Who Framed Roger Rabbit (4K UHD). Obviously since StreamFab is downloading the 1080p copy, I'd prefer the movie name tag not include 4K. Another example is sometimes if the title includes "THE" it gets added to the end. Example: Longest Week, The.

I know I can update the plex via the UI, but I'd like to fix it in the actual movie file too. Can anyone recommend a good, but easy to use, tool to edit those tags?
    Last edited by KidJoe; 10-17-2021, 07:38 PM.

I have been using MetaX for a while now it lets you edit all kinds of info. I use it to grab the info from the TVDB to put info for TV shows and Album covers etc. Here is the site https://www.danhinsley.com/

Comment

Have you tried the "Match" or in some cases "Fix match" option, I'm pretty sure plex ignores the actual tags and bases the info it displays on title matching in their own database. It tries to automatically do this when you scan new files, but sometimes fails or finds the wrong result in the database if the name (or sometimes the year is off by too much).

For instance Labyrinth with David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly tried to match to some other title from post 2000. and it would not find the correct match in the suggestions until I gave it the proper release date :/d

Comment

bdg Thanks, but that is pay for right? I'll take a look though.

potenial_user Yes, I can do that, but FIRST I have to fix the name. For example, if I hit "fix match" the default name filled in for example is "Who Framed Roger Rabbit (4K UHD)" which I need to trim before the search will bring proper results. And unless I go edit the movie data/tags and fix the name there, then lock it, I've sometimes had movies get "lost" when the library is scanned again later.

Comment

KidJoe Yes it is but it was a one time payment for life. I believe I paid about $10.00 USD years ago and that was it.

Comment

the lookup is based on filename, not tags, and is editable in the search form

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
              the lookup is based on filename, not tags, and is editable in the search form
              I renamed the movie files, and their folders before copying to the destination on my Plex server. In Plex the Title Name and Tag Name matched the movie's meta tag. I had to make the changes, and lock it.

Yes I know its editable in the search form. That is what I've had to do IF I didn't Edit (pencil icon) and adjust the Title and Sort Title on the General tab before trying to match/search.

It can also make a difference when exporting my movies using WebTools-NG

I realize its not a major issue, and I can manually work around it, but as I buy more movies that are 4K, I'm starting to run into it more.

Comment

Originally posted by bdg View Post
                KidJoe Yes it is but it was a one time payment for life. I believe I paid about $10.00 USD years ago and that was it.
                You're right. Not too bad. IF it does what I need, I'll likely just buy it.

Comment

I use that along with filebot. I use filebot to rename my files to the format I want and metax to pull in the metadata from the likes of the tvdb or moviedb etc. Filebot pulls from there as well but is an annual subscription.

Comment

Working...
                  X