Disney+ Imax enhanced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disney+ Imax enhanced?

Using the Disney+ Downloader, when you click on a movie, it adds it to queue automatically. That was great, but now Disney+ has the "IMAX Enhanced" titles https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=c...=imax-enhanced They are found by navigating to the movie and selecting the VERSIONS tab, then choose if you want Wide Screen or IMAX Enhanced.

Which version is Disney+ downloader downloading by default? It appears to be IMAX Enhanced.

Shang-Chi downloaded with StreamFab has little to no letter box bars on the downloaded copy, which matches what I see when I play using Disney+ on my Roku. The widescreen/Theatrical has bigger letter box bars top and bottom throughout the entire movie. And Thor Ragnarok I downloaded this morning does have the size of the letterbox bars across the top and bottom change during several scenes which mirrors what I see when I play back the IMAX Enhanced option via Disney+ on my Roku.

There may be cases where we want to select the Widescreen/Theatrical to download. Can you add a way to select which version we download?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-11-12_8-30-03.png
Views:	1099
Size:	532.2 KB
ID:	402303

I have passed your post to the developer. They will look into it.

Comment

I downloaded Shang-Chi and it's aspect ratio does fill my screen, unlike the non imax version. I was playing the different version via the web. The D+ help page even says it will play the imax version if the player supports it by default.

Comment

Working...
      X