Streamfab 5 is a piece of garbage!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streamfab 5 is a piece of garbage!

Streamfab (up until 4.0.2.6) used to be a fairly good product. Now all you get is 5.x.x.x which runs like a piece of trash. Sorry I paid for this junk. Now when you open to have to expand the play window "Every Friggin Time". Most of the time it fails to download anything. Better go back to the drawing board. This isn't working!

Originally posted by kzajac View Post
    Streamfab (up until 4.0.2.6) used to be a fairly good product. Now all you get is 5.x.x.x which runs like a piece of trash. Sorry I paid for this junk. Now when you open to have to expand the play window "Every Friggin Time". Most of the time it fails to download anything. Better go back to the drawing board. This isn't working!
    Been downloading with ver 5.0.0.5 all day yesterday and today, using just about every major service.
    Maybe post a log file after a failed download?

Comment

You need to learn and keep up with development, this is an involvement software and it gets better with time, you didn't know what you bought! . What works is that a log needs to be posted for the dev's for your issue, post you problem. Right now you are posting a problem that can't be duplicated without a log and being very brash about it. BTW, if you are unhappy with a version or a release as noted, you should start downloading the offline releases so you can revert back to the versions that works for you.

I have seen where if you wanted a link to a past release that you like, you can request it and the link has been posted, not sure if that is valid 100% all the time but it's worth a try then trashing the product and getting no response from it.

Comment

Originally posted by kzajac View Post
        ...Most of the time it fails to download anything. Better go back to the drawing board. This isn't working!
        Please help the developers fix issues. Share your logs when you have an issue.

On Windows, the logs are found in [User Profile]\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Log You can use file explorer to get there, or the Menu in StreamFab has an option to "Open Log Folder".

With v5.x.x.x the most important file is StreamFab.log.

The logs are cumulative, so the size and folder size grows over time. This could impact you uploading it to the forums.

IF the logs are too big, you can use the FEEDBACK option on the StreamFab menu.

Another option for smaller logs If you can consistently recreate the issue, is you can exit StreamFab, clear out the log folder (delete the files), then run StreamFab recreate the issue. After doing that, the logs will be smaller and you'll be able to upload on a post.

IF you'd like to "roll back" to a previous version... If you have downloaded the offline installer, you can uninstall StreamFab and install using the older Offline installer. IF you haven't downloaded the offline installer, StreamFab offers the extended download service (for a fee) which has the older offline installers. IF you are having an issue and need to roll back, the Mods *MIGHT* share a link to the older Offline installer, if you ask for a specific version due to having an issue.

I for one haven't paid for the Extended Download service, but I have downloaded each of the offline installers as a new version is released, which I have kept, just in case.

Last edited by KidJoe; 11-22-2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

I've been pretty critical of this product and some of it's downgraded features, but even I would never call it garbage. It's probably the single best app of it's type out of the half dozen or so that I've tried. There is a solution out there that will do better than 720p on Hulu and Disney and downloads the Netflix videos correctly that Streamfab screws up as 540p. but it has pitfalls such as stereo support only and lower bitrate re-encoding. (don't ask me what it is, I'm not gonna say)

Comment

Working...
          X