Amazon Disney Hack possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Disney Hack possible?

I know that as it is, I cannot DL from Disney in Steamfab, because they push out 720p for Web.
    BUT , if i get my subscription to Disney through Amazon, a platform that does stream at 1080p, would I be able to DL 1080p through StreamFab?

Waaaaaait, Amazon offers Disney now? I just looked through their list and didn't see it.
    Yes, if the channel was available through Amazon, you'd be able to download the content available to Amazon through D+ at 1080

However, there's two caveats to that
    1: Amazon doesn't offer Disney+ (at least in the US there's no option)
    2: IF they did, they're not likely going to have ALL of the content available to D+ members, much like HBO didn't

I'd love to see Amazon offer D+ , seriously. Would make my day. However, don't see that one happening

Comment

Originally posted by nightwingken View Post
      I know that as it is, I cannot DL from Disney in Steamfab, because they push out 720p for Web.
      BUT , if i get my subscription to Disney through Amazon, a platform that does stream at 1080p, would I be able to DL 1080p through StreamFab?
      i would imagine that the downloads woulds still be 720p because your still going through disney+

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
        Waaaaaait, Amazon offers Disney now? I just looked through their list and didn't see it.
        The OP may be confusing a recent offer from Amazon Music for a 6 months free Disney+ subscription as meaning it's available through Prime Video.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

i would imagine that the downloads woulds still be 720p because your still going through disney+
          IF the original Poster is asking about using Disney+ through Amazon Prime Video Channels (assuming Disney+ is available that way, like Starz, Paramount+, Showtime, AMC, Discovery+, Epix, BritBox, Cinemax, etc are. ) its different than using the downloader for that channel, although Disney+ does not appear to be available via Channels, at least in the USA anyway

IF you subscribe to one of the services through Amazon Prime Channels, then you would get whatever resolution Amazon has it at because you are downloading from Amazon.

For example, I subscribe to Paramount+ via Amazon Prime channels. I have access to the Paramount content via Amazon Prime video. Amazon & Paramount also have a way to link your account so you can also use the Paramount+ web site and apps.

Now if I download Star Trek IV The Undiscovered Country...

On Amazon the movie shows under the Paramount+ section and says its included in my Paramount+ subscription. The movie downloaded with StreamFab from Amazon has the following specs:
          Video: 6,062 HEVC/H265 1920*816 (2.35:1) Main@L4@Main - NOTE: black bars are NOT part of the video
          Audio: English 640 kb/s 48.0 kHz, 6 Channels, E-AC-3 Dolby Digital Plus

If I use StreamFab to download from Paramount+ the downloaded movie specs are:
          Video: 4,467 kb/s, AVC/H264, 1920*1080(16:9) High@L4 - NOTE: Black Bars ARE part of the video to make it 16:9 aspect ratio
          Audio: English 384 kb/s 48.0 kHz, 6 Channels, AC-3 Dolby Digital

As you can see Paramount+ has lower video and audio specs, does not limit it when I download using Amazon Prime. In fact I get a better quality video and audio from Amazon. I'm sure there may be some exceptions here or there, but everything Paramount I've downloaded so far, I get better versions when downloading via Amazon.

Comment

Working...
          X