StreamFab 5.0.0.8 Mac - cannot download from Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab 5.0.0.8 Mac - cannot download from Amazon

As stated - 5.0.0.8 Mac and cannot download from Amazon. SF gives me "Failure accessing video information...." I'm attaching streamfab.log (EDIT: could not upload as at 2.3MB it is larger than your 2MB limit!!!!)

MacOS 12.1 Monterey - 64 bit apps only

In addition
    You do not provide a "Prefix" in the New Topic for this version for Mac
    Your ABOUT in the applications says "32-bit Application" - but SF must be 64-bit to run on Monterey???

thx
    qb

Please delete the log folder and then retry, it will create a new log file, please attach that one. Or you can use the Feedback feature to submit the log file to our Ticket system, we will check, thanks.

Comment

Okay - I deleted the log folder. I am attaching the newly created StreamFab.log file.

I tried to download 5 episodes of Tom and Jerry. 4 of the 5 failed during "analyzing" and the 5th one (#4 in the list) claimed to be downloading Audio but nothing happened util it showed "failed". I'm also attaching a screen shot showing the SF Download window with these T&J cartoons shown.

BTW - I also have to FORCE QUIT SF frequently. When I "Quit" it closes the primary window and hangs on some small window about saving the download queue...

qb
      Attached Files
      Last edited by quattleb; 12-17-2021, 03:06 PM. Reason: failed to see the log attached so added it again

Comment

Odd - tried twice to add the log file - will try here w/o the screen image. StreamFab.log (Humm - do I have to click INSERT after the upload?)

Comment

We have received your files, the developer will check, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by quattleb View Post
            Okay - I deleted the log folder. I am attaching the newly created StreamFab.log file.

BTW - I also have to FORCE QUIT SF frequently. When I "Quit" it closes the primary window and hangs on some small window about saving the download queue...

qb
            Yes this is a big problem with the latest release on Mac. Have to force quit as it hangs even loading the pages.

Comment

5.0.0.8 has not fixed the issue thats been ongoing in the Macs. It has trouble with most streaming services that it fails or takes forever and produces a horrible video quality. I think they will eventually fix it until the next DRM shift takes place. This is going to be very challenging for the FabTeam and I expect a lot of down time to become the normal thing here till they figure a new way of fixing it.

Comment

Well this sucks. Why do SOME videos from Amazon download but not others?
                I'm just beyond the 30-days for a refund. Plus I've not been notified of the $50 Amazon.com gift card.

ugh what a mess.

Comment

Oh - plus another annoyance. I decided to purchase StreamFab for Winderz. $240 is the current price. I also got their "Last Call..." email and when I check my special "gift" I got a 35% off discount.

What a surprise to discover it would not work on the $240 price. Seems that price uses its own code and if I swap in my code the final price is HIGHER. So what the heck - what a losing "gift" discount that results in a higher price.

I also feel this is deceptive advertising: "The price of StreamFab All-In-One will increase to $3xx soon due to more services constantly added. " Wait - don't we each PAY for the "more services" when they are added (if we want that service?) SO they will increase the base price and then still charge for each new service...

Comment

Originally posted by quattleb View Post
                    Well this sucks. Why do SOME videos from Amazon download but not others?
                    I'm just beyond the 30-days for a refund. Plus I've not been notified of the $50 Amazon.com gift card.

ugh what a mess.
                    The Amazon downloading issue will be fixed soon.
                    About the Amazon gift card, please provide the order number or purchase email via PM, I will check for you.

Comment

thank you
                      Order: xxxxxx
                      Last edited by Mona; 12-31-2021, 08:01 AM. Reason: Removed order info for your account safety.

Comment

The link for claiming an Amazon Gift Card is available for 30 ~ 180 days at DVDFab Member Center, counting from the purchase date of the All-In-One Lifetime Gift package. Please sign in at http://www.dvdfab.cn/member.htm with your purchased Email, check under "View My Products" and you will see:
                        Notice: "Thanks for ordering our All-In-One Lifetime Gift, you are offered Amazon Gift Card for free. Click here to get it."
                        Click it to get your gift card.

Comment

About the DRM issue, please update to the latest v5013 to try again. It's been fixed. Thank you.

Comment

I got v5.0.1.3 about 24 hours ago and still mixed results. If I load 7 Amazon movies in the queue and then START I first get 3 downloaded and 4 fails. Then a start the failed and 1 works the others fail. START again and maybe I'll get another success. Successful downloading is still iffy.

Plus the app still hangs each time I attempt to QUIT - I have to FORCE QUIT. As mentioned it hangs with something about "saving the queue" onscreen.

Then it will not relaunch - I have to restart my Mac before I can launch StreamFab again.

Q: does the Winderz version work more reliably for Amazon??? Does the PC version crash and need END TASK?

Comment

Any process determining my $50 Amazon gift card status and if so what is the status?

Comment

Working...
                              X