Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does not download forced subtitles

Hello,
    With version Stream Fab 5.0.1.3, Amazon already works, but the problem of forced subtitles continues, in my case they are Spanish (Spain), I mark them and do not download these, it happened to me before Amazon stopped working, and I have already brought it to your attention.
    Downloaded movie The encounter, attached StreamFab.log.

Greetings
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ACLA2016; 12-29-2021, 10:23 AM.

I've forwarded your case to the developer, they will check.

Comment

Good morning,
      Confirm that the problem was not specific with that movie, since today the same problem in the download of After We Fell again.
      Forced Spanish (Spain) subtitles are not downloaded.

Greetings
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ACLA2016 View Post
        Good morning,
        Confirm that the problem was not specific with that movie, since today the same problem in the download of After We Fell again.
        Forced Spanish (Spain) subtitles are not downloaded.

Greetings
        Good,
        The update 5.0.1.5 has been downloaded, and there is still the problem of not downloading the forced subtitles.
        In my case, I have Spanish (Spain) as the default language and subtitles, and when I select a movie to download, I select these, but not the forced ones that I have to mark later, but as I said, I put it to download and omit these.
        And this is a great inconvenience, because 99% of films include forced Castilians, essential on several occasions to understand the translation.

Greetings

Comment

Good morning,
          After almost a month since I transferred the problem, I still have no solution in this regard, this persite in version 5.0.1.6
          And I can't even buy movies from Amazon to watch and save since the forced ones are not included, sometimes easy to find among the complete ones because they are in capital letters, but there are many times that they are not in this format and you cannot decipher the themselves.
          Please, I would be grateful if you would tell me how the matter is about it.

Greetings

Comment

Originally posted by ACLA2016 View Post
            Good morning,
            After almost a month since I transferred the problem, I still have no solution in this regard, this persite in version 5.0.1.6
            And I can't even buy movies from Amazon to watch and save since the forced ones are not included, sometimes easy to find among the complete ones because they are in capital letters, but there are many times that they are not in this format and you cannot decipher the themselves.
            Please, I would be grateful if you would tell me how the matter is about it.

Greetings
            have you tried uninstalling & reinstalling streamfab ??
            retry your movies again and see if you still have the forced subs issue.
            Last edited by october262; 01-20-2022, 09:30 AM.

Comment

There is a workaround that sometimes works but there are several issues relating to subtitles and they differ depending on streaming service.

The biggest problem is with the StreamFAB user interface.

For movies, it’s generally okay because you are working with a single video in most cases. StreamFAB builds a list of Audio and Subtitle tracks for that single video, you make your selections for the audio and subtitle tracks and you usually get what you selected.

When it comes to TV shows (where there are multiple episodes), StreamFAB’s user interface is insufficient to allow you to select audio and subtitle tracks for each and every episode. It builds a list of tracks to choose from, but it does not account for the fact that each and every episode might have totally different audio and subtitle tracks.

There needs to be a list of tracks for each and every episode (the single dropdown combobox’s for audio and subtitle are not sufficient). Until StreamFAB addresses this there will continue to be issues with subtitles tracks and even issues where incorrect audio tracks are downloaded. I know this will make the interface more complicated but they need audio and subtitle selection for each TV episode.

Now for the workaround:

It differs a little from one streami8ng service to another but the principle is the same. It involves working with one episode at a time.

StreamFAB seems to build the audio and subtitle track list based on whatever the default (last watched) episode of a TV series. If none have been watched, it will be season 1, episode 1. If you use your browser and start watching an episode on Amazon prime (say Season 2, Episode 5 NOTE: skip past any previews), then back out of the video, Amazon will flag that video as the current video you are watching. Now go to StreamFAB and select the TV series and the episode that you started to watch in in your browser is hopefully the one selected on the StreamFAB dialog for episode selection dialog. This ensures that the correct list of audio and subtitle tracks are available for the episode you want to download. Make your track selections, start the download, and you should get the audio and subtitle tracks you wanted.

This also works with Netflix most of the time.

If you still don’t get the subtitle track even though you selected the track, it might be that the subtitle format is not compatible with StramFAB. I’ve only seen this on Amazon Prime but it might also be an issue with other services. Here’s an example:

The TV series “The Grand Tour” has some episodes with Forced Narrative Subtitle tracks. When you stream it to you browser you will notice that these subtitles are sometimes in RED with a DARK GREY background. Other subtitles are just the standard white with no background.

Since the SRT subtitle format does not support background colors (that I know of), Amazon is apparently using some other subtitle format for Forced Narrative in some cases. It appears that StreamFAB cannot handle these, so the track does not get downloaded. In these cases, I’ve had to resort to manually creating and SRT subtitle file which for most people is just too much trouble.

I hope the StreamFAB team will eventually change the TV episode selection interface to allow for proper track selection for audio and subtitles each of the different episodes. Until then, maybe this workaround will will help.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

have you tried uninstalling & reinstalling streamfab ??
                retry your movies again and see if you still have the forced subs issue.
                Good morning,
                Thank you very much for your support, but I have uninstalled and installed again, and the same problem persists, I have Spanish (Spain) audio and subtitles as default, I select a movie to download and when the tab opens to select languages and subtitles to download it catches me correctly already as predefined both the Spanish audio from Spain, as well as the subtitles but only the complete ones, I also mark the forced ones, but then in the download result it has omitted these.

Greetings.

Comment

Originally posted by kenro View Post
                  There is a workaround that sometimes works but there are several issues relating to subtitles and they differ depending on streaming service.

The biggest problem is with the StreamFAB user interface.

For movies, it’s generally okay because you are working with a single video in most cases. StreamFAB builds a list of Audio and Subtitle tracks for that single video, you make your selections for the audio and subtitle tracks and you usually get what you selected.

When it comes to TV shows (where there are multiple episodes), StreamFAB’s user interface is insufficient to allow you to select audio and subtitle tracks for each and every episode. It builds a list of tracks to choose from, but it does not account for the fact that each and every episode might have totally different audio and subtitle tracks.

There needs to be a list of tracks for each and every episode (the single dropdown combobox’s for audio and subtitle are not sufficient). Until StreamFAB addresses this there will continue to be issues with subtitles tracks and even issues where incorrect audio tracks are downloaded. I know this will make the interface more complicated but they need audio and subtitle selection for each TV episode.

Now for the workaround:

It differs a little from one streami8ng service to another but the principle is the same. It involves working with one episode at a time.

StreamFAB seems to build the audio and subtitle track list based on whatever the default (last watched) episode of a TV series. If none have been watched, it will be season 1, episode 1. If you use your browser and start watching an episode on Amazon prime (say Season 2, Episode 5 NOTE: skip past any previews), then back out of the video, Amazon will flag that video as the current video you are watching. Now go to StreamFAB and select the TV series and the episode that you started to watch in in your browser is hopefully the one selected on the StreamFAB dialog for episode selection dialog. This ensures that the correct list of audio and subtitle tracks are available for the episode you want to download. Make your track selections, start the download, and you should get the audio and subtitle tracks you wanted.

This also works with Netflix most of the time.

If you still don’t get the subtitle track even though you selected the track, it might be that the subtitle format is not compatible with StramFAB. I’ve only seen this on Amazon Prime but it might also be an issue with other services. Here’s an example:

The TV series “The Grand Tour” has some episodes with Forced Narrative Subtitle tracks. When you stream it to you browser you will notice that these subtitles are sometimes in RED with a DARK GREY background. Other subtitles are just the standard white with no background.

Since the SRT subtitle format does not support background colors (that I know of), Amazon is apparently using some other subtitle format for Forced Narrative in some cases. It appears that StreamFAB cannot handle these, so the track does not get downloaded. In these cases, I’ve had to resort to manually creating and SRT subtitle file which for most people is just too much trouble.

I hope the StreamFAB team will eventually change the TV episode selection interface to allow for proper track selection for audio and subtitles each of the different episodes. Until then, maybe this workaround will will help.
                  Good morning,
                  Thank you very much for your support, as you say I have gone to see the movie that interests me, it comes out in Spanish Spain correctly, the forced ones have skipped me (Title of the Movie), I have closed, I have gone to Stream Fab, I have selected to download this movie, the language selection window for both audio and subtitles skips, Spanish from Spain is selected for me, in audio and subtitles, but not the forced ones, I mark these, and proceed to download this.
                  Result, still not downloading these, After We Fell movie.
                  As you say, it must be that problem, since in some it takes them but in others it does not, I understand that they must solve this because if not, it is a bad matter for the users that we do need forced due to lack of languages.

Greetings

Comment

Working...
                  X