Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not getting 5.1 audio with Amazon, just 2 channel AAC.. any advice? (Testing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not getting 5.1 audio with Amazon, just 2 channel AAC.. any advice? (Testing)

As title.

I only own two movies so far, Crossroad and The Social Network. I'm not sure about Crossroads, but The Social Network has a 5.1 track, but I'm only getting 2 channel AAC when ripping. Both 1080p though.
    (Testing with the trial, one more try left)

I think I have the correct settings to allow for 5.1:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	streamfab settings.JPG
Views:	834
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	405545

Any advice?

Got 2 Channels from Crossroads from Amazon & Tubi.

That's understandable given that it's from 1986 and I don't know if there is a 6 channel release version.

The sound quality is still good when I play it on my home system.

Crossroads Blu-ray Release Date January 12, 2021. Blu-ray reviews, news, specs, ratings, screenshots. Cheap Blu-ray movies and deals.

Audio English: DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 (48kHz, 24-bit)

Crossroads' DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 lossless soundtrack offers enough of the essential detail and stage fluidity necessary to carry a film that is superficially about music.

The Tubi sound bitrate was a low 125kbps for audio vs 224kbps from Amazon. :-(

Got 6 Channels from The Social Network from Amazon & Netflix

I did notice that even though Netflix does The Social Network at only 720p the bitrate for audio (895kbps) is higher than Amazon's (640kpbs).

Netflix did institute "adaptive audio" a while back, don't really know if my ears can tell the difference between 640kpbs vs 895kbps and the difference uncompressed makes vs. compressed in streaming.

I usually use H265 for Video Codec nowadays due to file size/disk space.

I went thru my library & converted larger files that were produced from my Blu Rays/DVD's to H265 using DVDFab Converter option.

The important thing is to test the converted outputs (play) them before deleting the old files.

What's important to me is does it look good & sound good on my system and disk storage space.

I also use USB drives a lot since you can get some 256gb's for under $20 and I can take the file & plug it into USB Roku Ultra port in either room.

Attached Files

Comment

I've got the setting as above, so I'm not sure why I'm not getting a 6 channel track?

Comment

Originally posted by tenusesermno View Post
        I've got the setting as above, so I'm not sure why I'm not getting a 6 channel track?
        I think we (myself) included may have to include additional information on our configuration in future posts in case locality/configuration comes into play.

I'm on Windows 10 with all current updates, StreamFab 64 5.0.1.7, Spectrum 50bps, no VPN, USA

Comment

Working...
        X