hbo max/peacock very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hbo max/peacock very slow

Noticed hbo max has gotten really slowy latley also peacock takes more than 20 minutes to download a 2 gb file
    Attached Files

Try upgrading to 5.0.1.8 and see if it helps. Made several downloads Friday on Peacock and experienced no issues.
    It could even be linked to your own internet provider, because some does do bandwidth capping on their costumers.
    This speed capping specially are practiced on people who use a lot of bandwidth (downloads a lot), its an anti piracy thing that they are practicing.
    Last edited by Per K; 02-05-2022, 12:10 PM.

Comment

turned off my dns proxy and am using express vpn now here in Australia to access peaock and hbo mmax seems faster now I subscribe to them through Apple tv 4k using in app purchases and using iTunes usa gift card to pay for it

Comment

I've had the same problem for a couple of weeks. I'm on a fiber gig symmetrical connection and using both the VPN on and off, I maybe get 15-20 half hour episodes in a 24 hour time frame. It's crawling so slow and it's happening on all of my computers. Tried uninstalling and re-installing with the offline installer, rebooting the machines, rebooting the router, rebooting the modem, everything, and none of that helped. Hopefully an update will come soon to fix this. It's really bad on my end.

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
          I've had the same problem for a couple of weeks. I'm on a fiber gig symmetrical connection and using both the VPN on and off, I maybe get 15-20 half hour episodes in a 24 hour time frame. It's crawling so slow and it's happening on all of my computers. Tried uninstalling and re-installing with the offline installer, rebooting the machines, rebooting the router, rebooting the modem, everything, and none of that helped. Hopefully an update will come soon to fix this. It's really bad on my end.
          I can see from this that you are what internet providers consider to be a heavy user, meaning you are using a lot of bandwidth.
          In that case i'm pretty convinced that it is your internet provider who is actually capping your speed, because many of them does this on their heavy users under the suspecion of doing piracy.
          In such a case, the people behind StreamFab can't do anything about this.

Try testing your internet connection using Ookla's Speedtest with out VPN, they are the most accurate ones i know of.
          Last edited by Per K; 02-06-2022, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Per K View Post

I can see from this that you are what internet providers consider to be a heavy user, meaning you are using a lot of bandwidth.
            In that case i'm pretty convinced that it is your internet provider who is actually capping your speed, because many of them does this on their heavy users under the suspecion of doing piracy.
            In such a case, the people behind StreamFab can't do anything about this.

Try testing your internet connection using Ookla's Speedtest with out VPN, they are the most accurate ones i know of.
            False.

Try watching 15 twenty minute episodes in 24 hours. How is that heavy? Doing the math that's 5 hours of streaming in a 24 hour period. Again, how is that heavy?

My internet connection is just fine. My provider is not blocking anything. It works just fine using the website or any other means. It is in fact streamfab that has the peacock issue.
            Last edited by corey75; 02-08-2022, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Then how come i don't have any issues with Peacock?
              I downloaded 12 episodes of SeaQuest's 2nd season from there yesteday (Monday) and experienced no problems, the Mbps matched what i pay for at my provider and that even using VPN.

StreamFab is not a streamer, its a downloader and downloading happens at much higher speeds than just doing actual streaming.
              Downloading a large quantity for a longer period of time, which what actually is happening when you download such 15 episodes in one go, can trigger a bandwidth capping at some providers, which is also done as a sort of anti piracy measurement, because this is something that happened interestingly not long after torrent showed up.

I was there, i witnessed the actual birth of bandwidth capping and the tons of complaints that showed up on social media, specially from people living in the US and well, you have mentioned that you obviosly can access both HBO Max and Peacock with out using VPN, so that sounds like you are living in the US, the motherland of bandwidth capping.
              Hence i just put two and two together, your internet provider is capping your bandwidth after a while of having heavy traffic, meaning downloading something for longer periods of time.

Its not false that this is going on at many internet providers, bandwidth capping is a fact and yours is obviously practicing it, you have just not been aware about this before you began using StreamFab to do several downloads from streaming services.

Comment

Originally posted by Per K View Post
                Then how come i don't have any issues with Peacock?
                I downloaded 12 episodes of SeaQuest's 2nd season from there yesteday (Monday) and experienced no problems, the Mbps matched what i pay for at my provider and that even using VPN.

StreamFab is not a streamer, its a downloader and downloading happens at much higher speeds than just doing actual streaming.
                Downloading a large quantity for a longer period of time, which what actually is happening when you download such 15 episodes in one go, can trigger a bandwidth capping at some providers, which is also done as a sort of anti piracy measurement, because this is something that happened interestingly not long after torrent showed up.

I was there, i witnessed the actual birth of bandwidth capping and the tons of complaints that showed up on social media, specially from people living in the US and well, you have mentioned that you obviosly can access both HBO Max and Peacock with out using VPN, so that sounds like you are living in the US, the motherland of bandwidth capping.
                Hence i just put two and two together, your internet provider is capping your bandwidth after a while of having heavy traffic, meaning downloading something for longer periods of time.

Its not false that this is going on at many internet providers, bandwidth capping is a fact and yours is obviously practicing it, you have just not been aware about this before you began using StreamFab to do several downloads from streaming services.
                Again, wrong.

Capping can be a fact in other scenarios, but again, this does not apply here. I am fully aware of my capabilities before streamfab. I have been using it over a year and this just started. I am not the only one with this issue. The issue only happens WITH STREAMFAB. The ISP has no idea whether you're using streamfab or getting it on your browser. The same data is coming in on the line so your argument is completely ridiculous how it applies to my situation.

Comment

Working...
                X