Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do we get forced subtitles on downloads

Hi all,

When downloading a show that has forced subtitles how do we get those with the downloaded show?

For example Netflix will show forced subtitles if both language subtitles and closed caption subtitles are turned off in the Netflix user config.
    But in StreamFab that would mean setting subtitles to none which results in no subtitles AFAICT.

Thoughts anyone?

The forced subtitles of a language should always be downloaded even if they have been deactivated, so for example if I choose the "English" language as audio and the forced subtitles of that language are present on the video automatically they should be downloaded, as they are an integral part dl video. They must add this possibility. Also because in a TV series some episodes have them others do not, but they are not shown when you choose, while if they were inserted automatic it would be much better.

Comment

Originally posted by raven-au View Post
      Hi all,

When downloading a show that has forced subtitles how do we get those with the downloaded show?

For example Netflix will show forced subtitles if both language subtitles and closed caption subtitles are turned off in the Netflix user config.
      But in StreamFab that would mean setting subtitles to none which results in no subtitles AFAICT.

Thoughts anyone?
      On the dropdown list of the subtitle, pick the subtitles including the forced subtitle you need, they should be downloaded.
      Set it to None in StreamFab, no subtitle will be downloaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

On the dropdown list of the subtitle, pick the subtitles including the forced subtitle you need, they should be downloaded.
        Set it to None in StreamFab, no subtitle will be downloaded.
        Yes, initially I saw two English subtitles on the show I was wanting, neither were forced subtitles.
        But on return later in the day I saw three English subtitles, one had ForcedNarative in it's title, that was in fact what I wanted.
        Strange behavior ...

Comment

The Netflix downloader does not correctly label them as forced, download both and guess when playing back

just ran into that on Red Notice

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
            The Netflix downloader does not correctly label them as forced, download both and guess when playing back

just ran into that on Red Notice
            Hi, we will check and see if we can do something. Better to provide the latest StreamFab.log file just in case, thank you in advance.

Comment

Working...
            X