StreamFab too many problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab too many problems

Hi, for what I paid I have a very bad app. Apple Tv + 480 resolution and bad audio, bad netflix audio, same Disney. In circulation I see that almost everyone has apple minimum at 1080 and 5.1 audio if not atmos, definitely better audio netflix. I find that adding unnecessary networks in Italy is not enough to compensate for what is wrong. Honestly bad purchase paid so much.
    It cost me + € 300 but it's worth nothing.

I find the exact opposite, its a great program and worth every dime, it just depends on your location and what providers you can access, and obviously, they have a great selection. Yes, they have a few issues but none that they do not fix immediately.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

The supported VIP Services, and the capabilities for each are listed here -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ted#post387865

StreamFab is in alignment with its next major competitor. While the competitor doesn't support as many services, for the ones they do support, StreamFab matches them for video resolution, video qualty, and codec, as well as audio codecs, channels and bit rates.

StreamFab doesn't screen record like some other tools out there so I don't consider those. Sure they might give 1080p on services like Disney+ or Hulu, but they aren't downloading the source, they are capturing so its not the same.

The quailty of services across geographies don't always align. Some services don't always offer ALL of their available titles at the FULL resolution (for example some titles on Amazon and Netflix are NOT offered in 1080p or 720p, this is not a StreamFab thing.

IF you are having problems, its always good to share your StreamFab logs so the developers can take a look and if its something they can fix, they will.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

The quailty of services across geographies don't always align. Some services don't always offer ALL of their available titles at the FULL resolution (for example some titles on Amazon and Netflix are NOT offered in 1080p or 720p, this is not a StreamFab thing.
        This is true for Amazon and Netflix and you can add Tubi and Roku into that mix, depending on what you try to download and when and where it was produced. For example, Tubi has a nice Kung Fu selection but you're talking 70's Kung Fu and that's what you get, you're not going to get 1080 from Tubi or Roku giving the same format from one streaming service to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

This is true for Amazon and Netflix and you can add Tubi and Roku into that mix, depending on what you try to download and when and where it was produced. For example, Tubi has a nice Kung Fu selection but you're talking 70's Kung Fu and that's what you get, you're not going to get 1080 from Tubi or Roku giving the same format from one streaming service to the other.
          For Tubi you don't even get 720p on some of their movies, but instead in some obscure number of pixels just below it, i found that out when i tested it on some of
          Don Bluth's animated movies.
          Decided not to use more time on that streaming service because of both that and then the very low bitrate on everything.
          Last edited by Per K; 02-16-2022, 11:20 PM. Reason: spelled Don Bluth's name wrong

Comment

You have some valid complaints. BUT, good luck finding something better. All the others I've tried came up short. One does Disney at 1080, but the video bitrate is HORRIBLE (so bad I prefer the 720 video of StreamFab), it's stereo only, and you have to record on your phone then download, and it's pay per download.. and that's the next best option that I found.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
              The supported VIP Services, and the capabilities for each are listed here -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ted#post387865

StreamFab is in alignment with its next major competitor. While the competitor doesn't support as many services, for the ones they do support, StreamFab matches them for video resolution, video qualty, and codec, as well as audio codecs, channels and bit rates.

StreamFab doesn't screen record like some other tools out there so I don't consider those. Sure they might give 1080p on services like Disney+ or Hulu, but they aren't downloading the source, they are capturing so its not the same.

IF you are having problems, its always good to share your StreamFab logs so the developers can take a look and if its something they can fix, they will.
              Just have too ask regarding your username, are you making a reference to the band Ugly Kid Joe? Love the band.

Comment

Originally posted by Per K View Post

For Tubi you don't even get 720p on some of their movies, but instead in some obscure number of pixels just below it, i found that out when i tested it on some of
                Don Bluth's animated movies.
                Decided not to use more time on that streaming service because of both that and then the very low bitrate on everything.
                I've noticed that too on on quite a bit of videos I've downloaded, but it could be because those movies you downloaded are based off of older DVD masters and are not newer bluray or 4k rips on the app . Honestly for add-on streaming apps the technically free streaming apps like Tubi and Pluto, Streamfab should not be charging the same price like like Netflix, Disney etc because they have way more limitations regarding video, Audio and movie selections and they are not as widely supported around the world as the bigger streaming sites. But Streamfab does put out a quite a bit of updates to try and fix things.
                Last edited by Movie_Dude; 02-17-2022, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Movie_Dude View Post

I've noticed that too on quite a bit of videos I've downloaded, but it could be because those movies you downloaded are based off of older DVD masters and are not newer bluray or 4k rips on the app .
                  Had already said that with this quote,,,"Tubi has a nice Kung Fu selection but you're talking 70's Kung Fu and that's what you get"... meaning you are getting older movie production versions being watched in its original broadcast form from Tubi and Roku......(dating myself...but I watched some of these on the silver screen and they are original tapes being rereleased for streaming viewing and not reproduced) Amazon and Netflix sometimes will throw you a bone out there where they will give you a download from of a company that reproduces old movies like....Criterion and the download resolution is excellent, there are a couple more out there but not as good....from what I have experienced from Tubi and Roku you get what you get after you get it.
                  Last edited by Down2Earth; 02-17-2022, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Had already said that with this quote,,,"Tubi has a nice Kung Fu selection but you're talking 70's Kung Fu and that's what you get"... meaning you are getting older movie production versions being watched in its original broadcast form from Tubi and Roku......(dating myself...but I watched some of these on the silver screen and they are original tapes being rereleased for streaming viewing and not reproduced) Amazon and Netflix sometimes will throw you a bone out there where they will give you a download from of a company that reproduces old movies like....Criterion and the download resolution is excellent, there are a couple more out there but not as good....from what I have experienced from Tubi and Roku you get what you get after you get it.
                    Do you agree though regarding Streamfab charging the same price for a add-on for a free Streaming app like Tubi and Pluto tv and regarding Pluto tv you need to be in the states to download stuff or use a VPN but if you buy the add on and VPN stops working it's basically a lemon add on plus both are not as universal as Netflix and Amazon Prime regarding supporting regions regardless of using a VPN. The Tubi and Pluto tv prices need to be chopped In half or maybe even less for Streamfab. Regarding Pluto there should be a disclaimer from Streamfab saying we recommend this only if you live in the U.S.

Comment

Do you agree though regarding Streamfab charging the same price for a add-on for a free Streaming app like Tubi and Pluto tv and regarding Pluto tv you need to be in the states to download stuff or use a VPN but if you buy the add on and VPN stops working it's basically a lemon add on plus both are not as universal as Netflix and Amazon Prime regarding supporting regions regardless of using a VPN. The Tubi and Pluto tv prices need to be chopped In half or maybe even less for Streamfab. Regarding Pluto there should be a disclaimer from Streamfab saying we recommend this only if you live in the U.S.
                      Dude you completely changed the post to your agenda....sorry ....I'm not here for that....

Comment

Dude you completely changed the post to your agenda....sorry ....I'm not here for that....
                        So If I did change the post to my agenda are you saying its not true? Are you saying I did not make some good points Regarding the Tubi and Pluto tv thing? Ever heard of constructive criticism?
                        Last edited by Movie_Dude; 02-17-2022, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Your friend that "Knows computers" doesn't charge, does that mean the IT guy shouldn't charge to do the same thing?

Comment

Just have too ask regarding your username, are you making a reference to the band Ugly Kid Joe? Love the band.
                            No, was thinking along the lines of Glass Joe from Punch Out arcade game. BUT a while back, on previous forms, when I wanted to use that name, it was taken, so I went with Kid Joe.

Comment

Working...
                            X