X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel 4 downloader - English 'audio descriptive' sound only

Hi,

I've tried downloading two programmes using the Channel 4 downloader.

The only audio track offered is English, but the resulting files have "audio descriptive" English audio tracks (i.e. audio for visually impaired viewers). There doesn't seem to be a way to change this to non-audio descriptive English audio.

Programmes I've tried:
    • Deutschland 89_S01E01_Episode 1
    • Guy Martin's Passion for Life_S01E01_Guy Martin's Passion for Life

Can the developers have a look at this?

Thanks

"Secrets of Egypt's Valley of the Kings" is another title where the audio downloaded is English audio descriptive, rather than just English.

The Channel 4 downloader module only offers one audio choice - English - in the drop down box:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clip0001.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	406810

After downloading, the file has 'audio descriptive' sound so, in addition to the regular audio, a narrator describes what's happening on screen.

If I watch this programme using the Channel 4 app on my TV or phone then I get a regular English audio soundtrack without audio description. Therefore the StreamFab Channel 4 module isn't finding the correct English audio soundtrack.

I don't think there's any value in posting my log files as the issue can be replicated by just downloading one of the programmes. In fact, any programme with an audio descriptive soundtrack available seems to be affected.

Further series that have the same problem include:
    • Bettany Hughes' Treasures of the World
    • Britain's Most Historic Towns
    • I, Sniper_ The Washington Killers

Thanks

Comment

I can confirm I have the same issue. Channel 4 downloader is downloading audio description on everything I've downloaded, but it shows only one audio track "english" for me too.

It also downloads very slow. It has taken very long for this 20 minute episode so far. It's downloading files on average about 100kb/s. This hurts LOL. Hopefully you'll be able to fix this. I've added my most recent logs.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	214.5 KB ID:	406863

Comment

Last post wouldn't let me put logs in for some reason so here's another attempt at the logs
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the reports, I have passed the "English audio descriptive" issue to the developer.

Comment

It's been fixed. Please update to try again.

Comment

I can confirm that the issue has been fixed. Many thanks for sorting this out.

Comment

Working...
              X