Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Solved] StreamFab 5.0.2.5: Only Windows 10 support now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] StreamFab 5.0.2.5: Only Windows 10 support now?

Just wondering if StreamFab now only has Windows 10 support.
    Its just that i used the offline installer of 5.0.2.5 in Windows 7 64-bit, but i can't even get that StreamFab version to run at all.
    After 5 minutes of trying to make it run several times, i gave up, unistalled it and returned back to 5.0.2.4
    This is something i only have experienced in the past when it came to some software that turned out to be designed for Windows 10.

So is DVDFab and also StreamFab turning entirely Windows 10 now?
    Just wanna know, because then i see no reason to do any further update attempt to newer versions, before i have all the pieces together to built my Ryzen powered Windows 10 computer.

StreamFab can work on Windows 7. On which step does it fail? Please provide log files, we will check.

Comment

Managed getting it to work using first Revo Uninstaller.

What i did first when uninstalling was choosing not to keep my original settings for StreamFab, did not do that in the past.
      Then after having uninstalled StreamFab, i chose to scan after leftovers in Revo Uninstaller and remove everything that was found, did also not do that in the past.
      Then installed 5.0.2.5 again completely from scratch as if StreamFab was being a brand new software that was being installed for the very first time.

Now it loaded by first presenting the registration form i could use to login to my account and StreamFab started up.
      A couple of tests i did with shutting it down and starting it up again also worked.
      So it looks like there must have been something in those leftovers from 5.0.2.4, which 5.0.2.5 does not like and therefor could not start up.

So a tip for others if they run in to a similar situation where a new version of StreamFab refuses to start up.
      Last edited by Per K; 03-21-2022, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X