Scheduler feedback (and questions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scheduler feedback (and questions)

So, SF crashed yesterday (it happens, not terribly worried about it). When it did, I was sleeping, and I restarted it a few hours later.

Unfortunately, it did this when it should have been checking schedules for platforms/channels. this led to me having to manually check around 40 schedules. Quite tedious.

What we need here is either a 'check all' option (to manually check all schedules), or at the bare minimum, a check channel option, so that all the schedules for said channel can be checked. The second would still be annoying to those of us with quite a few channels, but it's at least better than having to go through each and every schedule to check manually

Additionally, as reported, this does not automatically start these downloads. This should be changed. The scheduler needs to automatically start downloading these, once it's been determined what needs to be downloaded

Now for the question:
    How does this tell what is new and decide what to download? This is a rather important question, because in many cases (Apple, Hulu, Viki), what SF sees as current is actually not. Additionally, channels like Peacock, Discovery + and others delay releases (see: This is Us and The Blacklist) to the streaming channels for days, sometimes weeks. Then you have channels like Netflix that dump everything for a season all at once.. So this , of course, is an important question to get answered for those of us with large(r) libraries
    Last edited by twhiting9275; 04-12-2022, 07:59 AM.

Too late to edit, so I'll add this here

Woke up this afternoon to every single task again telling me to check manually, so it wasn't a crash. It was the inefficiency of the app itself.

There's no point to having a scheduler if you have to keep holding it's hand and babying it every day. Tasks are going to continue to be added, so the workload is going to keep going up.

This should be set it and forget it, not 'check back every day and run every task manually again'

Guaranteed I'll have to run every task tomorrow, again, manually, because there's no way to run all tasks.

Comment

I had some crashes initially after upgrading to 5.0.2.8. But After using the offline installer (didn't uninstall first), the crashes are gone.

I have no clue why sometimes after using the online update option introduces bugs that go away if you run the offline installer over top of it.

if you're still having issues, post logs (or use feedback option) and flood the devs with them until they fix it

Comment

Working...
      X