Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Channel 4 module query

Hello,

Can anyone let me know about the quality and speed of the Channel 4 module downloader part of StreamFab

I've only ever used the Amazon downloader which is fast and has consistently given me high definition downloads.

I've read about issues with the other modules of StreamFab e.g. Netflix, Apple TV etc. in terms of speed of download and lack of 1080 videos so it would be useful to hear from anyone who has used the Channel 4 downloader whether their experience is more like the Amazon downloader, or the Netflix/Apple TV downloaders.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Sky West View Post
    Hello,

Can anyone let me know about the quality and speed of the Channel 4 module downloader part of StreamFab

I've only ever used the Amazon downloader which is fast and has consistently given me high definition downloads.

I've read about issues with the other modules of StreamFab e.g. Netflix, Apple TV etc. in terms of speed of download and lack of 1080 videos so it would be useful to hear from anyone who has used the Channel 4 downloader whether their experience is more like the Amazon downloader, or the Netflix/Apple TV downloaders.

Thanks.
    see post #1 here - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-here-~updated you can see what resolution each module has

Comment

Originally posted by Sky West View Post
      Hello,

Thanks.
      From my experience, my channel4 downloader moves horribly slow. Usually it's anywhere from 100-200kbps, YES 100-200KBPS! Rarely I hit above 1mb and it was only for a minute or two. It painstakingly downloads a series over a few days. On the average, I can only get about 20-30 episodes within a 24 hour period if it works correctly. A lot of times especially with this latest release, it errors out after a couple of downloads, then I have to restart the program. If you have a lot of patience, then sure it's not bad, but I'd rather be downloading something that appears to download just as fast or faster than watching it. Unfortunately, the downloads from channel4, for me, mostly download slower than actually watching the episode. The quality seems to be ok on the ones I've checked.

Comment

Thanks both.

Corey75, have you also used the Amazon downloader and if so, can you remember what kind of average speeds you get for that?

Comment

for me its just as fast as other providers although my connection is very fast. In terms of video/audio quality, video bitrate is 3 000 kb/s for newer content @ 1080p and audio quality is 128kb/s @ 2 channel.

This drops for some older content that was only ever mastered in SD.

Channel 4 does serve higher video quality that this can't grab (~5000kb/s) so if you want the best quality you will need to stream it.

Comment

I'm on a fiber 1gb up and down. On Amazon and Hulu, I usually average about 30-40mbps on most videos. I have seen it hit 120mbps a few times a couple of months ago but haven't again. Depending on where it's connecting, I've seen quite a few above 50mbps, but the average is 30-40 mostly. I can't complain, it goes pretty fast. Usually takes a about 1 1/2 to 2 mins per episode and depends on which computer I'm using it on. The hard drive usually processes the remux faster on an SSD.

Comment

Thanks again for the latest replies.

I usually average 8 - 10mbps for Amazon, so corey75's Channel 4 speeds are a bit of a concern but now DeadPixel has thrown another point of view into the mix.

I know I mentioned 1080 videos in my original post but if I could be sure that the download speeds for me would be similar to my Amazon downloads then I'd very tempted to add the Channel 4 module to my profile.

Am I right in thinking that as an existing streamfab license holder you can't try additional modules before you buy them?

Comment

Working...
              X