The Batman - Problems with various resolutions/pixelation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Batman - Problems with various resolutions/pixelation

Here we go again... (See Attached files)

The Batman, various resolutions result in 'bad files" that won't play correctly and have pixilation.

2460x1440 16192Kbps Good
    1920x1080 11757Kbps Bad
    1920x1080 7852Kbps Bad
    1920x816 13,206Kbps Good

PlayerFab 7.0.0.8
    StreamFab 5.0.2.9
    VLC 3.0.16

Bad Playback (pixelated video) with:

VLC
    PlayerFab

I'm going with the last one, didn't test others...

Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 04-18-2022, 12:01 PM.

Forgot to include Win10 - 64bit - all updates current.

HBOMax - The Batman
    Last edited by Mike_M; 04-18-2022, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Also, even though H.265 is selected, it downloaded in H.264
      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
        Also, even though H.265 is selected, it downloaded in H.264
        jpp72, I think you may have pointed out part of the problem. :-)

1. I had my StreamFab settings set to H264 prior to upgrading to latest version.

2. When I checked the settings it had reset to H265?

3. Should you have to check your settings after every upgrade to see if they've changed?

4. With H265 in my settings it offered more options & included H264 versions.

5. The files that worked for me were H264 formats even though last upgrade changed my settings to H265 and that's what I downloaded with earlier.

6. I think the pixalated/bad files are H265.

Windows 10 64bit with all upgrades
        Tested with VLC & PlayerFab latest versions.
        Nvidia RTX 270 Super
        Display is Dell 2560 x1440 Gsync

Attachments:

1. File choices offered when you have H265 in Settings, included H264 Formats - which were the ones that play without pixilation.
        2. Good file (no pixilation) with H265 in settings (I had H264 in settings prior to last upgrade) 1920x816 13,206Kbps - H264 Format
        3. Bad file (pixilation) with H265 in settings 1920x1080 11,767Kpbs - H265 Format

Attached Files
        Last edited by Mike_M; 04-18-2022, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Used Media Info to get some details on actual bitrate, codec, sound, just fyi...

H265 in StreamFab settings, Offers various resolutions that output to H265 & H264.

Pixilation *seems* to occur only in some resolutions of H265 choices.

The file resolution's and kbps chosen when offered by StreamFab and whether they are good or bad (2 good, 1 bad) and output format are listed at the top
          under c:\up\The Batman... for each file.

Sound looks nice... Dolby Digital Plus with Dolby Atmos

Just wonder if it was a player, codec (I remember the days of installing codec packs) or Windows 10/64bit issue I copied the bad file to USB & tried to play it on TV.

Still bad file & wouldn't play.
          Attached Files

Comment

I use VLC for test playing my content that downloaded in h265. The default player in Windows will not play it. PlayerFab may not support HVEC with HDR

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
              I use VLC for test playing my content that downloaded in h265. The default player in Windows will not play it. PlayerFab may not support HVEC with HDR
              Same here, my goto is VLC, I just used PlayerFab cause Mona here asked me to.

I also copied all the files, bad & good to a USB and tried playing on 2 TV's, 2 BluRay players & via Roku Ultra USB port that have current updates.

Just in case it was some player/codec issue.

Bad files (pixelated) would not play on Tv's, BluRays or via Roku Ultra

The would play the HEVC H265 2560x1440 but not the H265 1920x1080 (see attached)
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mike_M; 04-19-2022, 01:15 AM.

Comment

One thing i know is, that many media players does not like mp4 with AC3 or E-AC3 that much, because they lean them selves up against AAC and HE-AAC, because this is the most common audio codec to use in mp4, so there people can or might experience issues with them when containing different audio codecs, where the playback might even crash.
                I know mine does as well, my media player box does also not particularly like mp4 with AC3 or E-AC3, but as soon those are muxed to MKV instead, they are being played just fine.

But when it comes to my computer, i got rid of VLC years ago, because i had way to many playback issues with it.
                I switched instead to MPC-HC and installed a directshow filters package instead and that works a lot better than VLC did.
                In your case because you also wan't support for H.265 and UHD video, there i suggest using LAV Filters, because of its UHD support and its own built in renderer.
                The default settings its delivered with should be enough, but you do have the choice to change its video and audio settings if you want to.
                Last edited by Per K; 04-19-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

I also use MPC-HC/MPC-BE and i download everything as .mkv and same problems. I also use Kodi which plays basically everything and those files/resolutions definitely have problems.

I have downloaded DRM'd files before and when they are not decrypted, they behave this way...
                  How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I did download the 4k version of The Batman and it plays without any issue, Plex identifies it as 4K HDR10 (HEVC Main 10)

Comment

I did download the 4k version of The Batman and it plays without any issue, Plex identifies it as 4K HDR10 (HEVC Main 10)
                      I was able to download the 3840x2160 28,942 Kbps HEVC HDR10 24,189,626 File Size and play it without issues.

The pixilation error just occurs with certain streams offered by StreamFab interface - other's work.

I don't know if it's a source error (by streaming service), format issue (Hdr/Codec) that Computer/TV's can't deal with or a StreamFab translation issue on certain resolutions that are offered when using StreamFab that result in these pixelated unusable files.

I just thought I'd report it here when I encountered those for StreamFab to look at.

I think what I may do in the future is just download the highest one (3840x2160 24Gb in this case) & use DVDFab to convert it to the format/size (1920/1080 15Gb) I want.

I just did that and the result is great for me. (see attachments)

But this will make me miss bad choices & not report them here for StreamFab to troubleshoot...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Mike_M; 04-20-2022, 12:56 PM.

Comment

So then. I'd run the download again where the results are not what they should be and attach the streafab log file so they can get that to the dev's to investigate the issue.

Comment

So then. I'd run the download again where the results are not what they should be and attach the streafab log file so they can get that to the dev's to investigate the issue.
                          Good catch, AGuyWithAComputer,

*sigh* I thought the zips of the log files were attached.

Re-did the process with HBOMax just now for The Batman 1920x1080 resolution produces a video file that's pixelated/bad.

Attached:

Zip file of logs (only for this The Batman process)
                          Screenshot of VLC 3.0.16 playing it pixelated
                          Screenshot of Playerfab 7.0.0.9 playing it pixelated
                          Screenshot of MediaInfo

Like I said, I'm probably just gonna download the largest file offered by StreamFab from now on, and convert it to 1920x1080 with DVDFab.

Mike

Attached Files

Comment

I did attach the log files in zipped format in the message above, but it didn't same them when I look.

Here I go again.

Zip files of log files for The Batman
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Good catch, AGuyWithAComputer,

*sigh* I thought the zips of the log files were attached.

Re-did the process with HBOMax just now for The Batman 1920x1080 resolution produces a video file that's pixelated/bad.

Attached:

Zip file of logs (only for this The Batman process)
                              Screenshot of VLC 3.0.16 playing it pixelated
                              Screenshot of Playerfab 7.0.0.9 playing it pixelated
                              Screenshot of MediaInfo

Like I said, I'm probably just gonna download the largest file offered by StreamFab from now on, and convert it to 1920x1080 with DVDFab.

Mike
                              We could duplicate the playback issue with The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                              X