Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly all videos deleted

Hello all,

after the last update all my downloaded videos were deleted. There's not a single video on my hard drive anymore. This is not really funny...
    Also my download waiting queue was killed completely... I now have to re-download every video of my collection...

Do I now have to backup my backups everytime I want to update StreamFab??

Best regards

Well that certainly is odd and worrisome. I had been downloading to a folder (F:\Stream-DL) and moving them to my Plex server. Its rare that I've left download loads in the download folder for very long.

Recently I did setup a copy of StreamFab to do scheduled TV series downloads directly to my Plex TV Folder (so I didn't have to go move them after downloading). So now you have me worried.

Comment

Hmm... When I used the update from downloading the update, or from Live Update, I noticed my TaskBar SteamFab wasn't accessible anymore. Yet, when I started it from the StartMenu it was okay. Like KidJoe, I usually move all downloaded files after getting them, but sometimes I keep them where they were downloaded to for quick access. None of the videos had been deleted. The files and directory structure remained in tact as usual.

Something else I noticed with the newest Update: The "Start SteamFab" button at the bottom of the list, now reads as "tart SteamFa". Looks like some new bugs have crept in.

Comment

Please send the StreamFab.log for check.
        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Hey guys,

I've attached the log file... Nothing unusual there in my opinion. But I was able to restore all files but one with a restoring program... Perhaps it was not an issue of StreamFab. Seems as if my hard drive doesn't live that long anymore. There were some writing issues. Virus and malware checks were clean.

I changed the output folder to another hard drive in will observe this. Also the update from today worked without any flaws. The new downloaded files still were at the output folder.

Best regards,
          Jens
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mister_M View Post
            Hey guys,

I've attached the log file... Nothing unusual there in my opinion. But I was able to restore all files but one with a restoring program... Perhaps it was not an issue of StreamFab. Seems as if my hard drive doesn't live that long anymore. There were some writing issues. Virus and malware checks were clean.

I changed the output folder to another hard drive in will observe this. Also the update from today worked without any flaws. The new downloaded files still were at the output folder.

Best regards,
            Jens
            Okay, I have passed your message and log file to the developer.

Comment

Originally posted by SirRush View Post

Something else I noticed with the newest Update: The "Start SteamFab" button at the bottom of the list, now reads as "tart SteamFa". Looks like some new bugs have crept in.
              Do you still have this problem with the latest v5033?

Comment

my /guess/ is that it may have changed your download folder, and the downloads are still in the old location

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Do you still have this problem with the latest v5033?
                  With new update "Start SteamFab" is normal again.

@ Mister_M Always check your hard drive when files problems arise. I have hard drives from many, many years ago that are doing great while others show symptoms of problems. Glad you were able to recover your files. Actually, Tech 1 zero 1, check all drives once in a while (about every 6 months). :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mister_M View Post
                    Hey guys,

Best regards,
                    Jens
                    In such cases scanning for malware and viruses will give no result. You have to scan the partition (or each individual partition) on the drive for errors and there a program like EuSeus Partition Master can help you.
                    It contains a tool that can make a surface scan of the drive for errors and possibly be able to repair the errors it might find.
                    You just have to be aware that such a surface scan takes several hours to be completed.

Comment

Working...
                    X