Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lifetime StreamFab Members get StreamFab DRM MPD Downloader Lifetime for $59?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifetime StreamFab Members get StreamFab DRM MPD Downloader Lifetime for $59?

A lot of the confusion is being caused by DVDFab/StreamFab itself and communication.

Let me explain.

1. In the new release for 5.0.3.3 in this forum at:

New! StreamFab 5.0.3.3 is released (May 11, 2022) Download Windows version: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download....nloader_Online (https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_Online) Download Windows x64 version: https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...Downloader_x64 (https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download

you have a link called "more info" that directs to:

Changelog that includes a "Buy" option
    StreamFab DRM MPD Downloader can download protected videos from DRM MPD-encrypted streaming websites, extracts the media streams inside, and converts them to protection-free MP4/MKV videos.

This new release "Buy" option goes to a price configuration that is *not* the best for existing StreamFab Lifetime Members to add the StreamFab DRM MPD downloader to their existing modules with a "Lifetime" license and leads to confusion.

It has a monthly, yearly and Lifetime price to get newStreamFab DRM MPD Downloader (See Attachment #1)

Also, please take notice - I have already logged into the DVDFab/StreamFab website as a "Member" and it gives this price when using this link.

2. There is no "upgrade" button in StreamFab 5.0.3.3 Software for existing Lifetime Streamfab owners, where there was one for adding modules in the past, only a "Buy" button for the new Module under license info that doesn't do anything.

(See attachment #2)

So and existing StreamFab Lifetime owner can't upgrade from within StreamFab 5.0.3.3. and has to figure out exactly how to add the new StreamFab DRM MPD Downloader with lifetime license at the discounted Member Price for existing Lifetime owners.

3. I *think* based on Mona's response to another post (it's important enough to post this as new topic & clear up confusion) at:

StreamFab DRM MPD Downloader https://streamfab.com/drm-mpd-downloader?ad=changelog 1. It mentions Redbox at first in above changelog DRM MPD Downloader link, but doesn't have Redbox in it's table of "Currently supported websites" at same site. Is Redbox supported? :-) Among the countless streaming websites, some

The way for existing StreamFab Lifetime members to add the new StreamFab DRM MPD downloader is to:

a) Logon to DVDFab/StreamFab site
    b) Logon as Member
    c) Goto Upgrade License
    d) Choose StreamFab All-In One Lifetime on the right
    e) I see upgrade price on all products (only one I don't own is StreamFab DRM MPD Downloader) of $59

To my understanding this will add a Lifetime License of StreamFab DRM MPD Downloader at the price of $59 to my Lifetime StreamFab products.

(See attachment #3)

Is this correct?

This process is more confusing than it should be and leads to misunderstandings and frustrations.

Attached Files

Yes you see 59 dollars because only One service Is new for your lifetime, instead in my case i have to pay 119 dollars for 8 services that i dont Need them, or i have 50% of discount that Is 90 dollars

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220512_135859.jpg
Views:	1168
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	409723
    Last edited by IceT; 05-12-2022, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by IceT View Post
      Yes you see 59 dollars because only One service Is new for your lifetime, instead in my case i have to pay 119 dollars for 8 services that i dont Need them, or i have 50% of discount that Is 90 dollars

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20220512_135859.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.8 KB ID:	409723

Yep,

You are right.

It depends on what services you currently have licensed.

Comment

Grandfathered Lifetime owner here. Its showing 69.00 USD for me, I guess because its also getting me DRM M3U8, and R18 and Fanza which I don't have already...

Its still cheaper than the 35% off price, but I wish there was a way to get only DRM MPD for the discounted member price. I don't want R18 and Fanza, and not having M3U8 hasn't been an issue.

Comment

bought a AIO license in october for 240, it has everything I need. Will this new add on get me hbomax at 1080p (newer titles) again ??? or do i have to wait for an update to the main app? Recently added titles on hbomax are only 720p.

Comment

will still download in 720p with hbo max

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post
              bought a AIO license in october for 240, it has everything I need. Will this new add on get me hbomax at 1080p (newer titles) again ??? or do i have to wait for an update to the main app? Recently added titles on hbomax are only 720p.
              This DRM MPD has nothing to do with the HBOMax issue. Its a completely separate type of DRM for web site downloads which are not supported via downloader modules on the VIP Services section (for example Showtime is a service not on the VIP Services, but this DRM MPD module lets you visit Showtime's web site by entering the URL, and gives you the ability to download their movies/shows).

MPD DRM is an optional purchase. Its only needed if you are alerted to DRM MPD when trying to use StreamFab to download from web sites.

Videos on HBOMax released on April 25 (and after) downloading at 720p is a known issue, see the release notes for v5.0.3.2 https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new...page,headmenu2 For that, we will have to wait for the StreamFab team to fix the main program and update it.

Comment

Would be nice to get an answer, for me lifetime is at $90

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                  This DRM MPD has nothing to do with the HBOMax issue. Its a completely separate type of DRM for web site downloads which are not supported via downloader modules on the VIP Services section (for example Showtime is a service not on the VIP Services, but this DRM MPD module lets you visit Showtime's web site by entering the URL, and gives you the ability to download their movies/shows).

MPD DRM is an optional purchase. Its only needed if you are alerted to DRM MPD when trying to use StreamFab to download from web sites.

Videos on HBOMax released on April 25 (and after) downloading at 720p is a known issue, see the release notes for v5.0.3.2 https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new...page,headmenu2 For that, we will have to wait for the StreamFab team to fix the main program and update it.

Thank you for the explanation and sorry for my ignorance. I didn't even realize that I can go to other websites and download some of their offerings. There are a few things on Showtime and stars that I would like to have and I subscribed to both. Would this DRM module make that possible? And if possible what I need a different module for each website? And would there be a list of the resolution at each website? For instance I know Hulu in Disney plus is limited to 720P. How could I find the information about websites like stars and Showtime?

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post

Thank you for the explanation and sorry for my ignorance. I didn't even realize that I can go to other websites and download some of their offerings. There are a few things on Showtime and stars that I would like to have and I subscribed to both. Would this DRM module make that possible? And if possible what I need a different module for each website? And would there be a list of the resolution at each website? For instance I know Hulu in Disney plus is limited to 720P. How could I find the information about websites like stars and Showtime?
                    right now, this is the closest info for the DRM MPD Downloader - https://streamfab.com/drm-mpd-downloader?ad=changelog

Comment

Their whole purchase system is confusing for sure

I'm an early adopter and when I choose the upgrade option from my account it says, $89 and lists all products to be included.

Yet when I check my license in streamfab I have everything except for the YouTube downloaders, the DRM for M3U8, MPD and the adult sites. What I don't want to see happen is I do the upgrade and that invalidates my original purchase that grants my all the current and future VIP DRM services they add.

Comment

I just did the $69.00 upgrade and it it gave me everything. I was short 4 or 5 items.

Hopefully this covers most everything since I'm also grandfathered.

Comment

wish there was a way to get only DRM MPD for the discounted member price.
                          when I choose the upgrade option from my account it says, $89 and lists all products to be included.
                          Hi all, thanks for all the input here.

We will offer an option to get only the option you need in the future.

The purchase system of the upgrade process that "lists all products to be included" will be changed and displayed more clearer as well in the future.

Thank you for your continued support.

Comment

Mona When I try to do the upgrade to get the DRM MPD, the box is checked for "DVDFab 3-Computer License" . I already have 5 computer license from a past DVDFAB purchase, IF I left "3-computer license" checked when I complete my upgrade would this give me 3 more and take me to 8 total?? (not that I need 8, I'm just curious)

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                              Mona When I try to do the upgrade to get the DRM MPD, the box is checked for "DVDFab 3-Computer License" . I already have 5 computer license from a past DVDFAB purchase, IF I left "3-computer license" checked when I complete my upgrade would this give me 3 more and take me to 8 total?? (not that I need 8, I'm just curious)
                              Kidjoe,

It gave me more licenses when I left that box checked.

After originally purchasing DVDFab & StreamFab & doing 2 full upgrades and leaving it checked it gives me 9 when I logon to DvdFab website and check my member licenses.

I think this means I can have DVDFab & StreamFab on 9 different computers now and I only have/use one computer...

I left it checked because I figured new modules need to be licensed for multiple machines and that they didn't get the original 3-license machine use and I might have a 2nd computer in the near future for Win11/64 since I can't upgrade this one from Win10/64 due to Skylake processor.

Now, I really don't know/think you do have to buy the 3 license to upgrade a new lifetime module to get the underlying 3-Computer license that you have for your existing product.

But it *does* need clarification.

Any DVDFab/StreamFab support person know it this is how licensing works when you purchase a new module, that it get's the underlying # of licenses on your existing product and you really don't have to buy a 3-computer license to use the new module on another machine?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X