Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lifetime StreamFab Members get StreamFab DRM MPD Downloader Lifetime for $59?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike_M My licenses are from DVDFab purchases (Before I got DVDFab Downloader which is now called StreamFab) and I have been able to use ALL of my FAB products (DVDFab, Passkey and StreamFab) on my 4 PC's concurrently, and I have licenses to spare (I actually have 6 total. I know there was a deal when I purchased DVDFab All in One for DVDFab with 5 computer license and Amazon card, I'm not sure if the 6th was from StreamFab or Passkey purchase).

It is nice to have DVDFab installed on each PC and not have to do the Deauthorize/Authorize dance to make DVDFab products on the PC I'm working with "at this moment" be active. Having multiple licenses make that possible. It was nice when my hard drives crashed and I had to re-rip my bluray/dvd collection. I could use 3 PC's to do it (4th computer is a Surface Pro so no disc drive)

Oh, and I know I'm not obligated to leave that box checked (same with the Extended Download option). I wasn't planning on it as I don't need more licenses. I was just curious as to the effect, and if there was a limit. I mean, i don't plan on having more PC's, although my wife was thinking of getting a laptop...
    Last edited by KidJoe; 05-13-2022, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      This DRM MPD has nothing to do with the HBOMax issue. Its a completely separate type of DRM for web site downloads which are not supported via downloader modules on the VIP Services section (for example Showtime is a service not on the VIP Services, but this DRM MPD module lets you visit Showtime's web site by entering the URL, and gives you the ability to download their movies/shows).

MPD DRM is an optional purchase. Its only needed if you are alerted to DRM MPD when trying to use StreamFab to download from web sites.

Videos on HBOMax released on April 25 (and after) downloading at 720p is a known issue, see the release notes for v5.0.3.2 https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new...page,headmenu2 For that, we will have to wait for the StreamFab team to fix the main program and update it.
      Appreciate that, KidJoe, I was recently wondering if the DRM MPD is needed for Hulu since all (new) episodes of "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch" fail analyze and crashes StreamFab right away. I thought maybe it's related, now I see it isn't. They're still looking into that DRM change.

Comment

Originally posted by SirRush View Post

Appreciate that, KidJoe, I was recently wondering if the DRM MPD is needed for Hulu since all (new) episodes of "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch" fail analyze and crashes StreamFab right away. I thought maybe it's related, now I see it isn't. They're still looking into that DRM change.
        Hey SirRush,

Fyi, Roku Channel has 2 seasons of The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Hey SirRush,

Fyi, Roku Channel has 2 seasons of The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch.
          Hiya! I got Season 1 and 2 quickly after release for each from Hulu. Origs before "UAP" was dubbed. Anyway, interesting about Roku. FYI I enjoy most of your posts. Like myself, you consider stuff. As commented...Hulu has Season 3, but currently Episode 1 (which doesn't read correct with time) causes crash, just as Episode 2 which does read correctly with time. So, it's not a factor of having the Season or not. If the FYI means have S3E01 and 2; YKWIM, then...Hmm... I very much enjoy the Browsing of Hulu without the Graphical junk of Xfinity's X1. If you follow. Not everyone does.

Comment

I have a question for current All In One StreamFab users here based on this thread...

Have folks here had to repay for rebranded services because they are technically new? For example:

HBO Now --> HBO Max
            CBS All Access ---> Paramount Plus

I'm curious because I'm debating whether it's worth paying for a license when there's bound to be more consolidation and disruption down the road.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxGBB View Post
              I have a question for current All In One StreamFab users here based on this thread...

Have folks here had to repay for rebranded services because they are technically new? For example:

HBO Now --> HBO Max
              CBS All Access ---> Paramount Plus

I'm curious because I'm debating whether it's worth paying for a license when there's bound to be more consolidation and disruption down the road.

Thanks in advance!
              Customers do not need to pay for rebranded services again.

As for HBO Now and HBO Max, they are two different sites. But you can download videos from them using HBO Downloader.

Comment

So - I am also a bit confused. About 5 months ago, I bought StreamFab lifetime. I now see since then they have released other downloaders, but when I go in to my account, I can either update my license for $129, or buy the DRM MPD for $90. Given the small price difference, I am tempted to just upgrade the license - but I want to make sure that this will add the modules I don't have a license for also as lifetime?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight-Man View Post
                  So - I am also a bit confused. About 5 months ago, I bought StreamFab lifetime. I now see since then they have released other downloaders, but when I go in to my account, I can either update my license for $129, or buy the DRM MPD for $90. Given the small price difference, I am tempted to just upgrade the license - but I want to make sure that this will add the modules I don't have a license for also as lifetime?
                  Here's my experience upgrading which might help you.

When I was looking to get the DRM MPD product I was missing a number of other products like Crackle. If I wanted to upgrade Crackle and DRM MPD it would be closer to $200. Or under "Upgrade License" I had an option to purchase an upgrade called "StreamFab All-In-One Lifetime Gift". This is to my knowledge the best option to select when upgrading. For me it was $99 and included any of the products I was missing for $99 ( I think price may vary depending on the number of products you are missing ).

If the $129 cost you are talking about is referring to the above upgrade option called "StreamFab All-In-One Lifetime Gift" under License Upgrade then yes it would add any module you are missing to your account with Lifetine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bradf3rdc View Post
                    If the $129 cost you are talking about is referring to the above upgrade option called "StreamFab All-In-One Lifetime Gift" under License Upgrade then yes it would add any module you are missing to your account with Lifetine.
                    Thanks you - that's very helpful and reassuring! Will go ahead with a purchase.

Comment

Just did the all in one lifetime gift and worked fine, also you get the US$25 Amazon card which helps reduce the price. For me this was by 31%

Comment

Yeah, the "gift" option on my account was $89.99 for AIO Lifetime - much easier to swallow than the $64.99 cost for only one of the 6+ tools I wasn't authorized for yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X