No announcement yet.

5.0.3.3 - CW Network - some downloads for video are 0 kB size after download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.0.3.3 - CW Network - some downloads for video are 0 kB size after download

Downloaded Season 3 and 4 Sleepy Hollow. Note I download with subtitles separate. The video files for several episodes ended up as 0 kB although SRT file is ok.

I tried re-downloading many of these episodes individually and the same result.

s03e02
    s03e04
    s03e09
    s03e10
    s03e12
    s03e13
    s03e15
    s03e16
    s04e05
    s04e06
    s04e12

Note Watching s03e02 and s03e04 as they download - they seem to run over 100%?! See attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-15 113555.jpg
Views:	496
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	409883

They eventually finish and end up with 0 kB.

TRJ

Please restart the software to try one of the videos in problem.
    If still have the same problem, please post the StreamFab log file.

Comment

Tonight tried 2 or 3 from the above list and they didn't work...Then randomly downloaded 2 or 3 other show episodes - no problem....
      Attached Files

Comment

I tried the new version of software....Still doing the same:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-23 023546.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	410150

Comment

Okay, I will have the developer check it.

Comment

HAVE SAME PROBLEM, M3U8 . i try all , reinstal software, reset, restart, i was work before few days,, now imposible, all end in ZERO bytes but downloading seems ok,,

Comment

We could duplicate the problem, please kindly wait for an update, thank you.

Comment

after instaling today new version and restarting still downloaded decrypted file end in zero bytes, all websites with M3U8 downloaded file end in zero bytes,

Comment

I've tried each update since May and this still appears to be a problem. Any update to report?

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ View Post
                    I've tried each update since May and this still appears to be a problem. Any update to report?
                    i see sleepy hollow the tv series is now on tubi.

Comment

Originally posted by TRJ View Post
                      I am afraid there isn't an update from the developer yet, I will bring your report to him again.

Comment

Thank you for the update Mona!

Comment

If you have Firefox, then first locate and add The M3U8 Stream Detector from the Firefox add-on place, it will show it self as a music node at the top of the browser.
                          Then go to the Jdownloader 2 website and download and install that file downloader.
                          When having been installed, then go in to its settings and choose which folder on your HDD you wanna download to.

When then in Firefox accessing one of the episodes you wanna download, The M3U8 Stream Detector will find all playlists there are, then just click on the node and click the 1920x1080 one, it will then be tried to be added to Jdownloader 2, which then will tell you it needs to download ffmpeg as well in order being able to handle video files, there just choose OK for it to do that.
                          Once done, you are fully set to download everything from both The CW and CW Seed.

When wanna download, make sure that Jdownloader 2 is running. When then in Firefox accessing the episode you wanna download, let it run its path all the way thrue the commercials until the episode begins, after about 5 seconds you can now click on the music node and see what it has found, the avialable episode qualities will normally always be listed at the top, so there just click the 1920x1080 one and the download link will be automatically be added to Jdownloader 2 in the Linkgrabber section, which will be scanning the link for a while.
                          Once its done, then its just choosing Start all Downloads and it will begin to download the episode as a 1080p h.264 MP4 file.
                          Last edited by Per K; 08-31-2022, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Per K View Post
                            If you have Firefox, then first locate and add The M3U8 Stream Detector from the Firefox add-on place, it will show it self as a music node at the top of the browser.
                            Then go to the Jdownloader 2 website and download and install that file downloader.
                            When having been installed, then go in to its settings and choose which folder on your HDD you wanna download to.

When then in Firefox accessing one of the episodes you wanna download, The M3U8 Stream Detector will find all playlists there are, then just click on the node and click the 1920x1080 one, it will then be tried to be added to Jdownloader 2, which then will tell you it needs to download ffmpeg as well in order being able to handle video files, there just choose OK for it to do that.
                            Once done, you are fully set to download everything from both The CW and CW Seed.

When wanna download, make sure that Jdownloader 2 is running. When then in Firefox accessing the episode you wanna download, let it run its path all the way thrue the commercials until the episode begins, after about 5 seconds you can now click on the music node and see what it has found, the avialable episode qualities will normally always be listed at the top, so there just click the 1920x1080 one and the download link will be automatically be added to Jdownloader 2 in the Linkgrabber section, which will be scanning the link for a while.
                            Once its done, then its just choosing Start all Downloads and it will begin to download the episode as a 1080p h.264 MP4 file.
                            does this work for bypassing the DRM protection on the CW & CW Seed ??
                            Last edited by october262; 09-01-2022, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

does this work for bypassing the DRM protection on the CW & CW Seed ??
                              Yes, because the only security they have is preventing you from direct downloading using something like IDM or one of these other standard video downloaders.
                              But since it reads the M3U8 link instead, then it can circumvent that download blockage.
                              Oh forgot to mention, that the main problem is their unstable servers. I get frequent HLS errors in the browser and sometimes the download also fails due to the servers many times instability.
                              Last edited by Per K; 09-01-2022, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X