Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I select DRM MPD rather than DRM

I purchased both DRM MPD and DRM M3U8.
    I could download from Crave using MPD and from CBC Gem using M3U8 on V5.0.3.3.
    Tonight I upgraded to V5.0.3.4 and now trying to download from Crave, StreamFab insists on trying to use DRM M3U8, which of course does not work!!
    Can you please add an option that allows the user to manually switch DRM versions?
    As it stands now, with the latest/current version, I am relying on StreamFab to determine which one to use, which is not working.

Please use v5033 to try the same video again and see if it will make a difference.
    Here is the download link:

If still have the same problem, please post the StreamFab log file, thanks.

Comment

Mona
      Today I retried using V5.0.3.4 to get an MPD download from Crave.
      Again it only showed M3U8 as the DRM method and the show played on the screen but nothing would download.
      I then downloaded your V5.0.3.3 link and tried again.
      As soon as I opened Crave MPD appeared and the file was downloaded.

There seems to be a problem with V5.0.3.4 in regard to detecting anything other than the M3U8.
      I have included a zipped file for the log of my attempt using V5.0.3.4.
      I hope it helps.
      I will continue using V5.0.3.3 for the moment.
      V5.0.3.4 Crave _ no MPD downloadable.zip
      Thanks for your help.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Movies99; 05-19-2022, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the update, I will have the developer check it out.

Comment

Mona, I have tried both 5035 and 5036 and I still get the apparent M3U8 default when trying to download from Crave TV in Canada. It just will not change over to a DRM MPD?
          I need to toggle back and forth between 5033 (which allows MPD downloads) and 5036 for everything else.
          Any update as to when an fix will include an MPD alignment for at least Crave?
          Thanks.

Comment

This is going on with Picard since the show was airing Season 2. The whole time I'd download that week's episode and it would save in a folder called Season 02 with a file by the name of the episode. I believe it was brought up back then in the forums. But since it's no longer putting out new episodes no one perused it further after the last aired.

Comment

This is not a folder or file naming problem. With Crave and other MPD required channels, the Downloader opens with M3U8 and does not switch to MPD, preventing anything from downloading. If it was a file naming problem only then I would be happy!

Comment

Working...
              X