Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would like to be able to use my amazon channel sub to paromount + but when i goto authorize it via stream fab it is just a blank white page so my hope is support can be added to do so in the nxt release ?

This is not something on StreamFab's side, but between P+ and Amazon.

Keep in mind that StreamFab is ONLY there to provide a method to download videos. Anything else, like linking Amazon and Paramount, verifying the account exists, etc, is going to have to be done through a browser.

I just tested and account logging in works perfectly, on both amazon and P+. Yes, I have P+ subscribed through Amazon

Comment

It appears this may be a duplicate thread of -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...on-channel-sub which contains a screen shot.

As twhiting9275 said, StreamFab relies on you setting up your streaming service accounts, and/or linking them (if possible) before you use StreamFab to download. StreamFab can not create, link or verify accounts, and it only passes your credentials to the streaming services you are trying to authenticate with.

Keep in mind too, that StreamFab's browsing component might not be a fully featured browser, so I wouldn't try using it as such as it might fail. I would sign up to streaming services, and do all that stuff in your normal Chrome, Edge, Safari or Fire Fox browser.

I know of two ways to subscribe to Paramount+. One is directly on their web site, establishing a user ID, password, and entering a payment method. The Other is subscribing through Amazon Prime Channels, where Amazon handles the billing.

If you subscribed to Paramount+ via the Paramount+ web site you can not link it to Amazon and download Paramount+ content with StreamFab's Amazon Downloader. You must use StreamFab's Paramount+ Downloader.

If you subscribed to Paramount+ through Amazon Prime Channels, you can download via StreamFab's Amazon downloader. Also you have the option to link it to a Paramount+ log in, then use the Paramount+ App/Web site and/or use StreamFab's Paramount+ Downloader. To link accounts, see https://help.paramountplus.com/s/art...on-Prime-Video I suggest linking accounts in your regular browser and NOT inside StreamFab's browser window. After the accounts are linked, then you can make use of StreamFab's downloaders that you have a license for.

I too subscribe to Paramount+ through Amazon Prime Channels. (And I have followed the Paramount+ Help link to link my accounts).

I have posted months ago, in another thread, that since I am subscribed through Amazon, downloading Paramount+ content using StreamFab's Amazon Downloader, I get better quality videos than when using the Parmaount+ downloader. Please see -> https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...rge#post403408 or https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...347#post403347

Comment

Good summary KidJoe.....

I usually just point them too https://paramountplus.com/amazon and leave them to figure it out....it's not that difficult.
        BUT as you stated...Paramount quality is better through Amazon. There is no CBR/VBR on Paramount....you get the one size fits all low quality 1080p download for TV series and 99% of the time, 2 Channel Audio.

Comment

Adding to this, the HEVC compression (if that's what you're into) , which will save you a fair amount of space usually. Why even bother with anything but Amazon if you have the option?

I could see the issue, if Paramount was like HBO was before it got pulled, and only offered a portion of their content through Amazon, but I've yet to find anything missing. I will say that sometimes it takes a little bit (hours, not days) for new episodes to show up, but that would be normal

Just use Amazon

Comment

Amazon only offers the Paramount+ Ad Free plan at $9.99US/Mo. With the direct Paramount+ you can get the Essentials (with ads) plan for $4.99US/Mo. and StreamFAB will remove the ads.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
              Amazon only offers the Paramount+ Ad Free plan at $9.99US/Mo. With the direct Paramount+ you can get the Essentials (with ads) plan for $4.99US/Mo. and StreamFAB will remove the ads.
              That must have changed recently, because my subscription through Amazon is Paramount+ (Limited Commercials) for $5.99 per month

And downloading Paramount+ content with the StreamFab Amazon downloader does remove commercials.
              Last edited by KidJoe; 05-24-2022, 12:45 PM.

Comment

yea i logged in via my browser with the amazon link and then when i logged into p+ it knew i had a sub

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post

That must have changed recently, because my subscription through Amazon is Paramount+ (Limited Commercials) for $5.99 per month

And downloading Paramount+ content with the StreamFab Amazon downloader does remove commercials.
                  Yeah bud, it changed unfortunately. I was able to do it until a couple of months ago. I let my subscription expire and when I went to renew it, the 5.99 option was no longer there

Comment

Working...
                  X