No announcement yet.

5.0.3.6 Keeps closing unexpectedly with no warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize my previous post, while responding to an issue brought up by other posters, was off topic. Sadly, because StreamFab has not been closing or crashing on me, I have no information to provide regarding that. FWIW, this special version also gets stuck in unending analysis on P+. Thank you for providing the special build for us to test, though - hopefully every step taken brings us closer to a solution for each of these issues.

Comment

I have been having the same issue. However, I did fix it I think because I have been able to download some videos now. I had a problem with 5.0.3.6 crashing and also 5.0.3.8. I was trying to download the last two episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi and I noticed on the downloading screen that the videos seemed to be downloading normally, however I had the audio set to Atmos and not long after the Atmos audio bubble appeared next to the 720p bubble, the progress would go a little more and then the App would crash. So I tried downloading the videos with the eac3 option instead of the Atmos and both videos downloaded successfully. At least in my case the crash had to do with the Atmos audio that was being downloaded. Not sure if Disney put some kind of protection on the Audio File to prevent Atmos decoding and download or if it is a StreamFab issue. I would try a different Audio and try downloading again. It sucks to not have the Atmos, but at least you will have a video with audio until developers can get a fix on it.

Comment

I installed the special v5.0.3.8 update. I tried:
        HBOMax - Still starts to download and then dumps without error. Logs attached.
        Peacock - Still starts to download and then dumps without error. Logs attached
        Amazon - This did not even get to the point of download. It allowed me to queue a movie and Dora the Explorer (Prime). But it stalled in analysis on Burn Notice and Reba (both Freevee) and when I attempted to put Pysch in the queue, it dumped the app. The logs are too big to atttach.
        Attached Files

Comment

Not sure which version it was....but it DEFAULTS to UPON TASK COMPLETION...EXIT PROGRAM.
          I switched it to DO NOTHING and it's been fine ever since.

Comment

I downloaded 5.0.3.9 and tested it. Overall, much improved. But there were still a few things I was not able to get past analysis in order to put them in the queue and one crash.

Amazon - I succeeded at
            - Movie - The Recruit
            - Series - Covert Affairs (Freevee) - 4 episodes
            - Series - Dora the Explorer (Paramount+ Subscription) - 4 episodes
            - Series - Reba (Freevee) - 4 episodes
            I failed at:
            Analyzing Freevee series Hart of Dixie and Burn Notice. both failed at, "Anayzing Season Information... X left",

So in total I analyzed, selected, and processed 13 items from Amazon successfully... failed at 2 multi-season series on Freevee.

HBOMax - I succeeded at:
            - Movie - The Matrix Revolutions
            - Series - The New Adventures of Old Christine - 4 episodes

I failed at:
            - Series - Friends - 4 episodes. It processed the first one and then crashed on the 2nd one. It did bring up a crash report and that sent successfully. (Logs attached)

Peacock - I succeeded at
            - Series - Psych - 4 episodes
            - Series - 30 Rock - 5 episodes
            - Movie - Drive Angry
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DaveRip View Post
              I downloaded 5.0.3.9 and tested it. Overall, much improved. But there were still a few things I was not able to get past analysis in order to put them in the queue and one crash.

Amazon - I succeeded at
              - Movie - The Recruit
              I failed at:
              Analyzing Freevee series Hart of Dixie and Burn Notice. both failed at, "Anayzing Season Information... X left",

So in total I analyzed, selected, and processed 13 items from Amazon successfully... failed at 2 multi-season series on Freevee.

HBOMax - I succeeded at:

I failed at:
              - Series - Friends - 4 episodes. It processed the first one and then crashed on the 2nd one. It did bring up a crash report and that sent successfully. (Logs attached)

Peacock - I succeeded at
              - Movie - Drive Angry
              We've received the feedback, we will check, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveRip View Post

Amazon - I succeeded at
                - Movie - The Recruit
                I failed at:

HBOMax - I succeeded at:

I failed at:

Peacock - I succeeded at
                - Movie - Drive Angry
                We could not duplicate the failure problem with the latest version, please uninstall the current version and then download and install the latest v5040 to try again.

Comment

Working...
                X