Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBOMax 720p is it permanent or being worked on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBOMax 720p is it permanent or being worked on?

Mona
    Wilson.Wang

Per the change logs:
    5.0.3.2 2022-04-29
    New: Due to the upgraded DRM encryption, HBO Max videos released on April 25 (and after), 2022 can only be downloaded in 720p quality for the time being, while others can still be downloaded in 1080p.
    That was a month and a half ago.

Is this being worked on? Can we get an update on where this stands or an ETA of it being fixed?

OR will HBOMax be left stuck as 720p downloads for newer videos from now on?

How about Apple TV at 480p, Samuel L Jackson " The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey" is there. Great series but wow, it hurts my eyes at 480p
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

KidJoe I was also hoping to get an update on HBO MAX 1080P and 4K ability again.

Comment

So no answer yet...

Mona was online today and did post in an unrelated thread mentioning a v5.0.3.8 https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...028#post411028

No idea if that has anything for the 720p problem.

Comment

but this is obvious that there is nothing of 1080 and hbo max

Comment

well we'll find out when they push it. which is usually thursday's

Comment

Hi all, I've checked with the developer regarding the HBO Max 1080p issue, and they are working on the solution, but need some more time to get it done. Thank you again for your patience.

Comment

Yeah, there are plenty of other movies to watch, I have time, thanks, Mona.
                Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Thanks Mona for the update.

Comment

Good to hear, thanks!

Comment

..... and a crock isn't only a pot within which to slow cook.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                        Hi all, I've checked with the developer regarding the HBO Max 1080p issue, and they are working on the solution, but need some more time to get it done. Thank you again for your patience.
                        Mona, Thank you for the update.

Keep in mind as this drags on, the lack of communication or status can invite speculation and conjecture that isn't always positive. (You've seen that in other threads)

In other words, I hope you can keep providing interim status on this issue (and the AppleTV+ being very very low rez) so we have some visibility and know that work is being done, so we don't again start fearing the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                          Mona, Thank you for the update.

Keep in mind as this drags on, the lack of communication or status can invite speculation and conjecture that isn't always positive. (You've seen that in other threads)

In other words, I hope you can keep providing interim status on this issue (and the AppleTV+ being very very low rez) so we have some visibility and know that work is being done, so we don't again start fearing the worst.

Thank you for the reminder, I get it

Comment

LOL

"they need some more time"

Just accept that it's permanent and won't be fixed. Kind of like the Apple TV thing. Nobody's "working on it"

This isn't THAT hard of a fix. Other software had this addressed within a week

Comment

Working...
                            X