Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streamfab 5.0.3.8 Apple still only downloads at 480

Streamfab 5.0.3.8 Apple still only downloads at 480

Just downloaded version 5.0.3.8 and tried to download " For All Mankind" on Apple TV. It still is only dlownloading at 480.

Jim

Unfortunately this has been happening for a very very long time.

Mona
    Wilson.Wang

This has been going on for some time now. Is there any status or update you can provide? Is this being worked on? Can you help set our expectations?

Do the developers need more logs? or info from us (the users)?

Comment

This has been going on longer than any other issue I can think of with Streamfab. I can only come up with a few reasons as to why this might be the case: the developers simply don’t care, they’re in Apple’s pocket, or they just don’t have the skills or resources to defeat Apple’s DRM. I’m a pretty cynical guy, but I find it hard to believe that they don’t care, or that Apple is paying them to leave them alone. Apple takes DRM pretty seriously, one could argue more seriously than just about anyone else, which could be why we don’t see anyone else offering Apple downloads at all, let alone in HD quality. My best guess is that Streamfab has put Apple downloads in HD on the back burner for so long because it’s a very tough nut to crack, and they want to focus their resources more on low hanging fruit for now. If my assumption about the difficulty of providing Apple downloads in HD is correct, it might be a good business decision, especially so long as there’s no competition, but there comes a time when putting something off so long is damaging to the brand. I’ve been a DVDFab customer since before blu-rays were around. So, I’m clearly a fan. I’m confident Streamfab can make Apple HD downloads a reality if they make it a priority. Doing so sooner rather than later would be deeply appreciated.

Comment

I think there may be a lot of people out there, just I have been. They come in read the post and hope that things have been fixed or someone else has posted the same problem they are having. I totally agree, that it is time to move the Apple TV DRM problem up the priority list to be fixed. From what I have seem and heard this has been an issue for some time. Sometimes, I feel guilty coming in and complaining, but maybe that is what it will need to take, is a lot of Apple TV users like the Amazon, Hulu and other, to come in here and raise heck. I never thought that was the right way, but from what I have heard this is been going on a long time and needs to be fixed. Let’s hear others get in on this and see if we can get this moved up the priority list to be fixed. I was inspired after reading Timebeing post. He really nailed it.

Comment

When problems go on for this long, DVDFab/StreamFab *really* needs to modify the information on the websites (everywhere it exists) for selling purposes to reflect that it's only 480p.

The info on their modules for sales on Apple has 1080p (Description) an 720p (Graphic to right) in attached example.

The same goes for HBOMax right now (see attached).
          Attached Files

Comment

They know
            They don't care to fix it
            Same with HBO
            Competition has had HBO at 1080 for quite a while. SF? Nah, we don't care

This is what happens when you don't take control over your own development and send it elsewhere. You're subject to THEIR priorities, which, obviously aren't fixing bugs and cleaning up things

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
              When problems go on for this long, DVDFab/StreamFab *really* needs to modify the information on the websites (everywhere it exists) for selling purposes to reflect that it's only 480p.

The info on their modules for sales on Apple has 1080p (Description) an 720p (Graphic to right) in attached example.

The same goes for HBOMax right now (see attached).
              I will get the person in charge to look into this part.

Comment

Yes they could modify the web part to reflect the problem of the current download speed, but what we are really asking for is to fix the download speed to match what the what web web site is advertizing or better. We all want is the best quality that we know Streamfab has to offer. They have done it before, that is all we are asking for again.
                Thanks
                Last edited by Jimd6500; 06-27-2022, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Thank you Mona!

That page looks like the below right now with notation about 480p.

It appears, they've updated since I viewed yesterday.

I'm doing this with timestamp, because the one for HBOMax had a notation at one time after it first had a DRM issue 2 months ago & it was deleted.

Am saving versions of Apple_Fixed_MM/DD/YY.jpg for documenting.

Click image for larger version  Name:	ezgif-1-3d6a32bffa.gif Views:	0 Size:	52.4 KB ID:	411778

Mike

Comment

Sometimes plans do not work out as expected. Its only a movie program, and it does work, just not as good quality as expected, I agree that's unexpected but it happens.
                    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Modifying the web site could be ok for potential buyers to understand the situation and make an informed decision before/while purchasing.

BUT for existing owners, changing the web site gives the impression that the issue will never be fixed, and we have a new "normal".

We, the current owners/users would like it fixed. OR if you are unable to, at least TELL US.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                        Modifying the web site could be ok for potential buyers to understand the situation and make an informed decision before/while purchasing.

BUT for existing owners, changing the web site gives the impression that the issue will never be fixed, and we have a new "normal".

We, the current owners/users would like it fixed. OR if you are unable to, at least TELL US.
                        Kidjoe,

Very good point.

There is a sticky topic that you participated in this forum named "Solution for StreamFab Problems" that was last updated 12/2/21.

Maybe it could be renamed "StreamFab Current Issues" and the first post by SysAdmin could be updated at least monthly with current problems that are being worked on?

I'd feel better if Apple+ 480p & HBOMax DRM 720p issues were listed there by StreamFab as being worked on.

And stuff like M1 vs M2 Apple, etc...

Mike

Comment

Mike_M, Good Point.

Maybe it could be renamed "StreamFab Current Issues" and the first post by SysAdmin could be updated at least monthly with current problems that are being worked on?
                          I'd feel better if Apple+ 480p & HBOMax DRM 720p issues were listed there by StreamFab as being worked on.
                          Then like Mike_M says we are being updated that they are still working on it. Right now, we don't know if they are working on it, it is on the back burner, on hold, or what is going on. We are just in the dark. Mona, Mike has a really good point. maybe list what they are working on, proirioty wise. A weekly update would make everyone feel better knowing what is being done and where we are on the list.
                          Jim

Last edited by Jimd6500; 06-29-2022, 08:21 PM.

Comment

About HBO Max 1080, it's still been working on.
                            As for AppleTV, I am afraid that the developer has not yet found a solution to restore the quality.

Comment

Rather concerning about hbo max not being fixed as your competator fixed that after 1 week we all know who they are

Comment

Working...
                              X